2020 Mazda 3 Lease

Hi Everyone,

I got this offer from Wayne Mazda in NJ. They said tax, title, and fees would be covered under the 3K down.

I plugged the numbers into the lease calculator and it put my MF at 4.5ish percent. I know I have a 800+ credit score and should have a better rate.

The dealer called back a few days ago and said they could go down to 259 per month.

Any advise on how to bring down the monthly would be appreciated.

Have them remove the 399 etch. Shoot for a bigger dealer discount. Those are your 2 options to get payment lower.

What is buy rate MF? “4.5 ish” percent doesn’t sound correct, nor is it accurate. If you are getting buy rate MF, the first 2 options above are the only 2 you can use to get the payment down. If you’re not getting buy rate, request it as a 3rd way to get the payment down.

Last option…shop another dealer.

That’s about it.

1 Like

I can definitely do a lot better than this, I’ll send you a PM

2 Likes

Thanks for the response.

Do I just ask them to take off the $399 etch? Will they dispute this?

Also, regarding dealer fees - I don’t qualify for the incentives Mazda offer - like loyalty or military, Are there any ones I should ask for specifically? How do I ask for this?

Thanks in advance, the sales reps are always so quick with everything and explain things so vaguely.

They will likely fight you. That said, you have the upper hand. If they don’t remove the charge, or give you a further discount to offset it, you can walk and go to another Mazda dealer. That’s a pure profit add for the dealership.

Dealer fees are dealer fees. There’s not much fighting those. Regarding incentives, you only qualify for the 750 rebate if none of the others apply (loyalty/military). There’s nothing you can do here.

Got it, so remove the ETCH and gain clarification on the MF.

Thank you!

Which you can get from Edmunds, plug into the calculator, and see how much meat might be left on the bone.

1 Like

Am I reading that right?

All in for a respective payment of $342???

I’m in the market for Mazda3 hatchback premium FWD, MSRP $29150, I have an offer to lease it for 36/12 and $352.00 with $0 drive off, still thinking I can do better.
By the way Mazda has a promotion this month, they make the first payment, bring that up with your dealer after you finalize the deal!

Thanks for the tip. Is that in writing somewhere?

It is on Mazda website, and my dealer confirmed it.

1 Like

Found it, thanks!

https://www.mazdausa.com/shopping-tools/special-offers-and-incentives#zip=08830&type=ongoingoffers&id=FIRST_LEASE_PAYMENT

1 Like

Respective payment of $342?

3000 Down is 83.33/month over a 36 month term. Add that to your base payment of 265, and it’s an effective 348/mo. Subtract 265/36 (roughly 7) for an effective 341/mo (Mazda pays your first payment). You have to account for that 3,000 you’re putting upfront into the total cost of the lease. You’ll save a bit of money putting 3k down on interest, but Mazda MF is usually very low, so it will be negligible

1 Like

So yes, you are reading that right.

Although in the deal (pictured deal) they didn’t account for the first month’s payment. (that was never mentioned) - I didn’t know about it.

And I believe the MF is .00021.

They may have accounted for it by burying it in the discount.

.00021 is roughly a half percent in interest. You need to confirm that that is buy rate for a Mazda 3 at Edmunds, if you haven’t already. Don’t take the dealer’s word for it.

You’re not going to save a ton in interest by putting that much down, and would be better off investing it. I’d Roll the fees, remove the etch and get a better discount (you’re at 5% right now, and that’s without knowing if they applied your first payment to the discount either. If they did, it’s a bad discount).

1 Like

:point_up_2:t2::point_up_2:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m new to this site and process- what do you mean by “roll fees”?

Learn how to calculate lease payments from this forum and reach out to other dealers after that.

A dealer that highballs you ain’t worth negotiating with.

3 Likes

Mazda3 doesn’t lease well. You can get a lot more for your money in other sedans

1 Like