2020 M340i Loaner - $356+ tax/mo, 1615 DAS - No MSD

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 M340i
MSRP: $ 58.5k
Sale Price: 46,224 (includes full 1k OL code)
Monthly Payment: $ 356+ tax, plus 2nd month free
Drive-Off Amount: $ 1615
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12k
MF: .00118
Residual: 59% (Loaner with ~4.5k miles so this was lower)
Incentives: 4,389 - Lease rebate, Loyalty, 1st month credit, & Recent Grad. I also had Penfed but they said they couldn’t add. I was ok with this since I got the full OL code.
Region: Cali

I reached out to the dealer Saturday morning after seeing the car listed on their site with a ~20% discount. I knew this most likely had rebates baked in but I thought I’d shoot my shot.

Went back and forth with an internet team rep that wouldn’t provide numbers and then ghosted me. I doubled-emailed them Saturday night anyways and let them know I was ready to close a deal Sunday.

An actual sales rep reached out today and sent me some numbers. We went back and forth until I finally asked if they could honor the online sales price plus rebates at buy rate (initially claimed they mark up MF max with every deal). Being 1.5hrs before the dealer closed, they agreed and asked me to come in.

Ended up spending 3 hrs at the dealer but I think it was worth it. Sales rep and finance were awesome and treated us really well. Threw in Ultimate Care+ at no apparent cost.

At the end of the night I didn’t care how the contract was written, I was happy with the deal overall. My effective payment was better than what I had initially calculated when I first went in so I was happy.

The stars happened to align on this one and I’m thankful for what I’ve learned on this forum after reading the threads daily for the last 3 or so years.
Thanks to this forum, I landed a 2018 340i for 396/mo last year and now I’ll be driving a 2020 for even less!

40 Likes

Great find on a near-base M340i!
A true unicorn deal. :unicorn:

That being said: Get ready for a lot of love and requests for selling dealer info but also a lot of shade thrown your way from those of us who undoubtedly will be referred to your deal to attempt to replicate by certain members. (You know who you are; Just. :clap: Don’t. :clap: Do. :clap: It.) :shushing_face:

Enjoy in good health!

12 Likes

Some people just have that good charisma to make epic deals happen enjoy you car

3 Likes

Right place, Right time, Right car; but most importantly, Right attitude and demeanor.

6 Likes

If OP did msds, this site would go bonkers lol

3 Likes

That would almost take care of the monthly tax.

2 Likes

Thank you guys! I considered doing MSDs but they are truly unattractive when transferring. I honestly can’t picture myself sticking with the same car for 3 yrs :joy: so I wanted to keep my options open. Although this thing is a blast to drive.

3 Likes

Can’t say I blame you: I learned my lesson the hard way on MSD’s.

Who knows, you might hack a really tricked out demo or loaner next time once new M3 makes it to market and demand for M-lite cars starts to wane some.

If you did $0 drive off you monthly wouldve been $400/mo and an extra $50 tax would put you right about at $450

Ya here in NY its like you are explaining MSDs to a tree, they think you’re taking extra money lol i had at least 20 people contact me and give up because they wouldn’t understand

Fantastic deal, enjoy the car in good health.

2 Likes

I had someone tell me I was a terrible negotiator for having paid MSDs… guess where he was from :joy:

1 Like

No offense OP, but you transferred your 2018 340i because “I’ve been getting killed by insurance since day 1 and trying to cut back on expenses.” How is this car any different? Sounds like you just wanted to switch into something newer, earlier.

Anyways enjoy the unicorn deal!

I mean he said he had other reasons on that post iirc. He’s paying half of what others are for the same car w/t MSDs, and technically this is cheaper.

This is 100% a unicorn, I said it in trophy garage, will say it here, awesome job OP!

1 Like

Wow…20% off an M340 loaner…

Hopefully this is a trend going forward with these 340’s. With the M3 coming out soon, hopefully these will be more hackable and discounts will be larger…

Nice deal OP. And good job on stacking incentives. Not only the large discount, but utilizing rebates.

A unicorn for sure

1 Like

Great job @sramirez! Just a few weeks ago anyone even suggesting a deal like this was called stupid :-). Nice work!

4 Likes

Definitely not a trend coming

If anything I expect lesser discounts due to thin inventory and dealers needed to make deals count

6 Likes

I gotta disagree you… while inventory is slow now and prob thru this summer, Germany is now open and inventory will replenish later this year…

Given these G20’s are assembled in Mexico and with the M3 coming out later this year the 340 should have better discounts…

I’m not saying they’re going to be giving them away, but you’re going to be able to do much better than 11-12% off new later this year…

Again just my 2 cents…

1 Like

Yep. We’re all speculating.

Always like to hear and welcome the perspective of others!

Set a reminder of this conversation for December and lets see! Lol

4 Likes

I knew that was coming.

I put my car up for transfer 5 months ago and was getting killed by insurance then. My rate has gone down significantly since then. It’s also true I was trying to cut back on expenses and get something more “economically friendly.” But when I saw the price on this car and all the rebates I qualified for, I could not stop myself from trying to hack a deal. Notice how I legit started negotiating 2 days ago…this was completely unplanned for.