2020 LEXUS RX350 lease - deal? Sign it? HELP!

Have more info on this? It seems like the deals are better now? I went a few months ago and the numbers were worse and they wouldnt budge due to the amount of crazy sales theyd make per day pre covid.

$10-12k? I hope you don’t mean downpayment … the serious guys here are all on the $0 down. If you see any big numbers thrown around, they are MSDs which is also different than DAS. I think you have enough time for a broker … just call them up (there are several good ones here) … some specializing by region and make. If you spend an hour reading the reviews on this website then another hour making some calls … that should save you maybe ~50-100/mo all things being equal (brokers charge ~$250-1000) so that is much easier math

I think he meant miles

I meant 10k or 12k miles. anyone know of a reputable broker that works with norcal dealers? everyone im coming across is based elsewhere. ive been browsing threads but only see socal

You don’t have to turn in the car. Some leasing companies allow you to extend the lease you currently have by 6 -12 month. At that point you are basically month to month and can return the car anytime. This will give you negotiating power since you are not under the gun to get into the new lease. Generally you don’t want to put any money down. This is because you are essentially renting and while it reduces payment it is not benefiting you in any way.

It’s worth it… shipping from SoCal to NorCal is ~$500. On one of my pickups, I rented a one-way car (and got a Mustang upgrade) for $40, gas was $40, and I dropped the rental off a mile from the dealership. Paperwork done in an hour and was back in NorCal by evening. Sure it takes the whole day but driving back is part of the fun :grin:
Or there’s always the shipping option :slight_smile:

Edit: there’s a few brokers that seem to have NorCal deals - @autopia @avocautos @Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto you’ll just have to start reaching out and see what your options are… good luck!

2 Likes

Lots of inventory issues with dealers, so deals aren’t flowing. Not to mention reductions in volume bonuses.

Lexus is not dealing right now. I have an RX 350 that has two months to go. That’s basically a $560/mo. lease on $48k vehicle. Not very good deal in my opinion. You could buy it down with 9 MSD’s and make your payment close to $510-$515/mo.
Unless their deals get better by 8/31, I am going to move on and pay the $350 disposition fee. Good luck.

I forgot to mention that they did allow month to month for 6 months, however, if I decided to opt for that, they told me I would need to pay for the car registration renewal which is $427 dollars which was due yesterday. so they only gave me a 10 day grace period to hang onto the car to make a decision, hence why I dont have a lot of time.

$350 is a relatively small amount compared to overpaying for a lease for the next 24-36 months.

Maybe just pay it and move on? You’ll have to at some point in your life, unless you plan to be stuck with one brand until you die.

2 Likes

I thought about extending my lease for 6 months and paying an additional $7/8 a month. Miles are good, however tires not so much. 2 tires about $500, 4 obviously $1000. Would not be a wise investment unless Lexus would extend the full 12 months. Not even sure it would be then, but my payment is very low, however they still are holding my MSD money. If I choose this route, I need to make a decision soon.

They legally can’t do that, extensions are legally max 6 months under a federal leasing law, more and I believe they need to renegotiate.

Legal Gibberish
  1. Content of disclosures for month-to-month extensions. The disclosures for a lease extended on a month-to-month basis for more than six months should reflect the month-to-month nature of the transaction.

Do you mind connecting me w/ your broker? Thank you.

There’s a need a broker link in Marketplace.

Hello All helping my mom get a good deal in a lease for 2021 Lexus RX 350. She went to the dealer over the weekend and they gave her this

Basically needs 36/10k/$3k or 36/12k/$3k down zip code 07012

this is an old thread, please make a separate new one.

1 Like