2020 Land Rover Defender 110 S

I was just going to say, the snow and 100 mph cruise control are a vibe. Although I have been told if I get a ticket I am ‘dead meat’.

2 Likes

LR dealer: So which Defender accessory did you decide on?
Casey: Yes.

1 Like

Did you ever find the accessory code for “Jealous Neighbors”? There is no more satisfying thing to residualize imho.

2 Likes

You mentioned the outcome here is unlikely to happen again. The 2500 and 725 a month you originally grabbed that deal for.

If you know that why did you turn in your lease after 5 months?

What are the new numbers?

I’m trying to cover all bases here. So you rented a Pacifica for 30 days. That rental had to be a minimum of $3000., probably more considering it’s midsize. Compact rental cars go over $2000 for a month. That has nearly eaten 3/4 of the equity you received of just over $4,000.

Depends a lot on location and if you have a business affiliation or not. I’m in San Diego right now with a full size rental for about $250/week because of my employer’s prenegotiated rate

2 Likes

Using the employee code I stole from my old job under leisure

2 Likes

No. I might be insane, but I am not stupid.

7 Likes

Can you explain the negotiation on the new '22? This was a custom order or a truck already in their pipeline? And sorry if asking a dumb question – what do you mean ‘programs’ are bad – as in lease programs or LR’s in-house finance rates? It sounds like you don’t have the sale price nailed down or maybe I’m reading that wrong? If not, I’d be petrified the dealer would try to squeeze me knowing I traded in my wheels and am in a somewhat costly rental.

Sale price is negotiated at 1% off plus base Mf for the month it arrives

And if the programs go to shit that month, he can back out

2 Likes

Mike is, as per usual, correct.

I like to think I have a v. good relationship with the salesperson and his managers. They took good care of me, and I have reciprocated by taking good care of them. Screwing me over would be a really dumb move, but I suppose it’s always possible! The people I am dealing with are pretty conscientious—I am not worried.

2 Likes

Ah, thank you for the clarity. Do you or bcc know anyone who’s leased a 90 yet? Wondering if lower spec 90s can be had for a decent price or is it still too new.

The 90 also has strong RV

24/10 is
80 for the 90
79 for the 90 S

3 Likes

Thank you. 24/10 is exactly what I’m after. Have you quoted the 90 on LH yet? I’m specifically eyeing a base spec with only a couple of options ticked – <$55K MSRP – but not idea what to expect for payment. 90 inventory is still very tight around me.

Is this any good? 5-10% off on a LR would make this a deal, says it works for leases but defender not included smh

https://founderscard.com/benefits/land-rover

No it’s not required to be honored by a JLR dealer, and the MF is unaffected. It’s a blank check that can be signed for any amount.

Say a 10% off velar pin could be honored as 3% off with jacked up MF.

1 Like

Based on today’s situation, pretty much any half decent JLR dealer will refuse that.

3 Likes

You can run it through the calculator assuming like a .00217 MF which is not base but it’s a realistic bump assuming MSRP on the unit

1 Like

Haven’t seen too many of the blue 90s. I didn’t like the blue at first but this S spec at only $52K changed my mind. Quite sharp. Apparently just sold in south Florida.

I wish the bumpers being black were an option

I’m partial to Gondwana, Pangea, and Silicon silver

Edit: apologies to @mattevan for being so active on this thread

He’s the Defender guru of the forum and the one who pointed out these great residuals!

6 Likes