2020 Kia Sorento EX FWD Deal?

Got this deal - what do you think

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Kia Sorento EX FWD
MSRP: $37310
Selling price: $35749
Aftermarket items: $299 // what is this?
Monthly Payment: $465
Total initial fees: $1066
Drive-Off Amount: $0
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: 0.00176
Residual: 56%
Incentives: Rebate $4990
Region: NJ
Leasehackr Score: 7.6
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

you can probably finance a Sorento for 465/mo

That’s no deal, and ask them what the $299 is.

That is 2020 X3 money. I suggest you do a little more research on the forum unless you are set on Kia Sorento.

From a size standpoint, the X3 is not a competitor for the Sorento. It’s sized more like an X5.

https://www.google.com/search?q=2020+sorento+size&oq=2020+sorento+size&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l4j69i60l3.8136j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.com/search?q=2020+x3+size&oq=2020+x3+size&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i59l2j69i60l4.1343j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I am not sure about the interior space but this is what I found on a quick search on google.

the cabin starts further forward (likely in part due to fwd architecture). It’s also a 3 row vehicle.

1 Like

I am not sure if you are looking for a 3-row SUV or specifically a Kia Sorento.

If it is the Sorento, you need a lot more discount then what you have. Negotiate this before incentives, and add the $4990 in incentives later. Go to Edmunds for the RV and MF, as 0.00176 looks marked up.

Few questions as I have never leased a car before

1. What does it matter where an incentive is - selling price or later?
  2. What is considered a good deal on Sorento? 10% from the MSRP?

thank you all!

By differentiating the pre-incentive price, you know how much is coming from the dealer, which allows you to compare deals with other people in other regions that may have different incentive situations. It also allows you to properly calculate taxes, as incentives are generally taxed differently than discounts.

So , in my case the dealer only gave me a little discount while $4990 is coming from the manufacturer?

Correct. $1561 came from the dealer, $4990 came from the manufacturer.

Deal is no good, we are a broker in NJ I just ran the deal off rough numbers. I’m pretty sure we can get you under $400/mo with the same parameters. However the rates & residual they gave you are correct.

Exactly. Everything that is pre-incentive is dealer discount. That is what is variable. Negotiate the most you can and then add incentives on top of that.

1 Like

Crap you don’t want or need. I don’t even need to see how it’s itemized.