2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited lease vs 2019 Genesis G70 Sport lease

I love the design of the new Sonata but not for almost $400 a month. If it has to be this car, I wonder what’s the difference in financing at this point? At $30k selling price, you’re already almost half way to paying the thing off in 36 months anyway and given the decent warranty length financing might make sense?

I own a Sonata. I have had it for 8 years and total repair costs over that time has been <$500. Thing, depreciation on those are shit, compared to Accord and Camry

2 Likes

If I was in the mind to buy a Sonata I’d be waiting until they release the larger 2.x turbo engine personally.

1 Like

How much of the difference is taxes?

the tax here in TX for the car is about $2K. If you get tax credit, you could reduce it to about <=$300 (~1% of MSRP)

I agree, the current engine choices make no sense. I’m kinda interested in the hybrid though! Since my car is parked in the SoCal sun all day, the solar roof might actually get me that 2 extra miles of range each day! - every little helps

1 Like

Have you driven the G70?

In my mind you are comparing apples and oranges. I haven’t driven the new Sonata, but short of the N there is no way you are going to get anywhere near the driving dynamics of the G70.

The G70 you are looking at isn’t even the base. I’d think you should be able to get the base G70 for pretty close to the Sonata Limited price. Honestly, $420/month for that 2.0t G70 Sport is a pretty good deal. For roughly the same MSRP you can bump up to the 3.3t G70 Elite, which really hauls though.

Anyway, my point is to drive both before making any decisions.

I tested both cars (using comfort driving mode). I agree G70 has a more powerful engine, but the space is kind of small (maybe like Corolla size) and truck is very small (shallow). I have a 3-year old boy and need to install a car seat in the backseat. The limited space concerns me, but I agree G70 indeed drives great.

1 Like

I think it depends on what you value more then. Sporty driving dynamics or space. A common conundrum.

Or you could just split the difference and get an Accord. The 2.0T has 252hp and you can get all the niceties and space you need. (I’ll admit I have absolutely no idea how well they lease, esp in TX)

1 Like

The interior space should be more than fine for FF (forward facing) car seat followed by a booster later.

But then again if you only are interested in driving in Comfort mode maybe get something cheaper and/or larger.

Thanks for the info. I also guessed that it is probably okay for forward facing car seat . I am more worried about a backward facing car seat, if we decide to have another kid in three years (no plan yet).

New 2022 G70 Face-lift is finally out :+1:

Holy dead thread revival batman!

:rofl: If it got pulse, it’s still alive