2020 Hyundai Kona SEL AWD Good Deal/Counter Offer

Aloha,

After the first round of getting bids, this is the best offer I have so far. Is this a good deal? What kind of counter should I come back with? I’m looking to discuss a lease once the end price is done.

2020 Hyundai Kona SEL AWD

Vehicle Price $24,530.00
Dealer Savings - $3,664.50
Customer Rebate - $1,250.00
Dealer Price $19,615.50
Sales Tax (estimate for your area) + $1,900.94
Title Fee + $27.20
Dealer Handling Fee* + $599.00
Balance Due (estimate) $22,142.64

Thanks everyone.

Why?

Are the incentives even the same?

If you’re negotiating purchase, are you sure this rebate applies to leases? I would probably mention this little detail to the dealer, since quite often the rebates differ. Also, all this info might turn out to be useless if the dealer plays around with the MF or adds “blinker fluid” to the price in the end.

Why not just ask for a lease quote from the get go? Rebates/incentives are usually different for the two, you’re better off getting 4 or 5 dealers giving you quotes then just wasting time on one dealership. Shotgun method yields quick results.

That you all for the thoughts. I’ve followed your thread and reached out a few for lease offers.

Can you let me know your thoughts on this lease?

2020 Hyundai SEL AWD
36 months, 12k miles, 57% residual, estimated upfront taxes 135

Retail Price 24,715
Sale Price 21,275
Accessories 199
Doc Fees 699
Acquisition Fee 650
Gross Cap Cost 22,850
Rebates -2,000
Net Cap Cost 21,319.83

What’s the payment?

If that pre-incentive discount is real, you should run to sign that Lease deal. However, please post your monthly - not sure why you left that out.

I don’t know the lease incentives and programs in your region. Make sure you verify with Edmunds.

For $0 down, they are asking $335 to $345 a month. It feels like they are tweaking a number somehow.

Are the estimated up front taxes high?

I guess this is still an offer, and not yet a full lease. Any thoughts on getting them below $300 a month with zero down? I saw a similar lease posted here or edmunds, though it was not in my area.

Thank you

$335 to $345 a month, still working that part out I guess.

Even at $300/mo for a $24k Hyundai seems like too much. Get more quotes, at least 4 or 5 dealers

What MF are they charging?

Got another Lease offer that seems better. What do you think? Is there anything missing?

The previous Lease quote did not come with the MF.

Thank you

You should find out what MF they’re charging and what the MF should be.

Go to edmunds to verify rv/mf/incentives and ask the dealer what the MF is. If they won’t tell you, find a new dealer.

.00167 same as Edmunds gave

.00167 for the MF i believe