2020 Honda Passport EX-L Deal Check

Hi all. Looking to get some input on this deal in the image below:

Leasing in Idaho. Drive off amount is first month payment and $500 down payment.

~$450 /mo effective on this is pretty high. I’m paying about $70/mo less on the same vehicle. Your discount amount isn’t stellar.

Have you received purchase quotes on the trade from carvana/shift/vroom/etc?

Don’t fall into this mental trap.

Your drive off here is ~$2900, you’re just paying for some of it with your trade.

I would add “at least” because the trade offer might be on the low end.

2 Likes

Hi there. Yes, so far the carvana/vroom are coming in right at or below the offer from the dealership on trade.

Didn’t your other thread have the dealer offering $2,500+ in equity?

Yes. I have an email over to the honda sales manager to see if they can match the appraisal from the toyota dealership.

Has anyone had experience with this deal…

$309 Per month for 36 months

2020 Passport 9 Speed Automatic AWD EX-L Feature Special Lease

• $309.00 Lease Per MO. For 36 MOS. $3,099.00 Due at lease signing due at signing

Closed-end lease for 2020 Passport 9 Speed Automatic AWD EX-L available through 11/02/2020, to approved lessees by Honda Financial Services. MSRP $39,530.00 (includes destination; excludes tax, title, license, registration, options, insurance). Actual net capitalized cost $34,444.57. Total monthly payments $11,124.00. Option to purchase at lease end $25,299.20. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and up to 20¢/mi. over 10,000 miles/year. Dealer participation may affect actual payment. Dealer sets actual prices. See participating dealers for details.

Includes down payment, no security deposit required; excludes tax, title, license and dealer fees. For well-qualified customers.

It’s an advertised deal, so it’s pretty safe to assume it’s shit. By the time you add in the missing tax/title/fees, you’re talking about almost $500 /mo effective on a lease that should be $100+ less than that.

1 Like