2020 Civic Type R MF and RV

Jim , you’re six eleven and you weigh ninety pounds, Gumby has a better body than you. Boom roasted

3 Likes

Also - my favorite Type R conversation with a customer happened this week:

Customer - “your sales rep ______ didn’t get back to me about the white Type R”

Me- “My apologies Sir, that vehicle just sold at 7K over MSRP”

Customer - “that’s too much money”

Me - “Well we can’t negotiate on a vehicle that someone else already purchased”

4 Likes

Thanks for all the responses. Makes sense to buy.

Stay safe.

Jim

1 Like

Big update coming for 2021. Wait for 2021.

I can’t believe people Are still okay with spending that kind of money on the car at this point.

Good for you guys.

1 Like

Usually the people who buy it have so much money that it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 2

@HondaSoCal

Trust me, people who have money are not buying Honda’s …

Niche car that’s all . Neighbors gotta a 2020 white one . I pass by it every morning and say to myself what a nice Civic Sport he’s got …

4 Likes

You sure?

You should drive it. It makes a Golf R feel like a Corolla.

2 Likes

Sorry but anyone who chooses Pam Beasley over Karen Filippelli isn’t someone I am taking advice from.

3 Likes

And a hideous looking one at that. Would love to buy a grown-up version myself (please Acura?), but good for Honda because they know their F&F market.

Speak for yourself :wink:

3 Likes

What a second, there’s plenty of wealthy people out there driving Accord’s and Camry’s, probably not Civic’s though. Could be an ES350 too, they pay cash and drive to 100k

1 Like

Type R is definitely another breed. Attracts a much different crowd than a daily Acura or Accord.

But people who don’t know about LeaseHackr :wink: and are fiscally conservative to an extreme, favor the drive a Japanese car till it pops mentality.

The forum wieners are just like the customer wieners. “I am not paying that, that is ridiculous blah blah blah”

Some guy eventually walks in with a metaphorical big ole bag of money and says “sold”

2 Likes

It’s not just forum wieners (like myself apparently) who think it’s ugly, it’s a common opinion out there. Doesn’t matter though if people are still paying over sticker.

Ugly cars are ridiculous…

subaru

1 Like

I thought subuwu’s business model was appealing to vape lords and hip gen x and millennials?

1 Like

Any idea when the 2021s may come out?

I read where it may be all-wheel-drive. You have any information what the other updates might be?

I am wondering if it will compete with the new Acura TL Sport? They might be close in price. But only one will come in manual – at least I hope so.

Enjoy your weekend and stay safe.

Jim

2021 is the same with minor updates and a limited edition model. They delayed the full model change until 2022. Rumor is SH-AWD system from the NSX. But it’s Honda, so they’ll probably just give it 3 more HP and call it a day for the next 10 years until they cancel it.

The CTR will never compete with a TLX, they have almost no overlap aside from being fast 4 doors. That’s like comparing a chainsaw to a riding mower. Have you driven one?