Deal Check: 2020 Chevy Traverse 1LT

Hey Everyone,

I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on a 2020 Chevy Traverse 1LT with Black Accent Package and Convenience and Driver Confidence Package.

MSRP: $39005
Selling Price: $34410
Rebate: $1500
MF: .00044
Rv: 58%

36 month with 10k miles

0 Down
0 DAS

And since I have an equinox that I’ll be returning, getting another will save in paying the disposition fee.

Thoughts?

What’s the mystery payment?:mage::crystal_ball:

Oopps…$430 tax included

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

If you have an Equinox lease you have loyalty of $1500 to put down. Make sure to call that out since its $500 more than the normal lease loyalty incentive. Looks like that is a FWD model based on MSRP.

Without doing math, knowing how taxes and fees are assessed in CA, etc that is in the ballpark of where I’m at on an AWD 1LT with towing and confidence II in MN. I have another $1k down from a GM Card incentive the would put me at $388.

Are you dead set on a Traverse?

Well, I need a 3rd row seating option, and I already have the chevy equinox to return. I couldn’t find any other comparable cars here in SoCal that would allow me to return my equinox w/o any add’l fees, and give me a 3rd row.

I looked into the VW Atlas, Toyota Highlander, Subaru Ascent and Hyundai Palisade. All had higher payments, and drive-offs.

But I’m all ears, if you have a suggestion.

Well that’s a really narrow goalpost. Bite the bullet, pay the disp and move on.

Unless you want to lease Chevys your whole life? You’re going to have to bite the bullet sooner or later

Fair point.

Yet, taking the equinox out of the picture, it has proved rather difficult to get any dealers to really work with me on the other cars I referenced. Even the dealers that post on the leasehackr forums didn’t offer anything interesting. Based on 10k miles per year and 36 months, these are the best deals that don’t require me driving 4 hours to get a car (I’m willing to drive 2hrs max)

The Palisade was 0 DAS and $542/month (that was w/ me being a repeat customer)
The Highlander was $1130 DAS and $570/month
The VW was $1000 DAS and $440/month (7.5k miles/yr and 39 months)

I’m struggling to understand the value you’re bringing here. You have a bias against Chevrolet so pay the disposition fee and then go look at what he’s already looked at?

You should be able to get a 2019 Highlander LE+ or XLE for low to mid 300’s with first and DMV DAS

I appreciate the suggestion, but I wasn’t willing to go with a 2019 Highlander, since Toyota is releasing a redesigned 2020 w/ updated basic features that are not available on any of the 2019 trims (i.e. Car Play - which is basically navigation, since many people use google/waze).

Thanks for everyone’s input.

Have you reached out to Tricia (@chevysalesgirl) to see what she can do for you?

2 Likes

Have you reached out to @ethanrs as well?