2020 Chevy Bolt LT in NJ

OP should keep in mind that once they get the 5 grand back from NJ that they will be at about 160/mo effectively, zero down, zero due at signing. That’s a pretty damn good value for what the Bolt gives you, especially with a 15k mileage allowance. @ethanrs is giving some great info here as always, but the TL:DR noob version is find someone to give you as close to 10% off before incentives as possible, then talk about the supplier code to try and squeeze a little more out of the deal. If you do it right you should end up around 310 a month with zero due at signing.

5 Likes

What electric said plus a one pay.

1 Like

If you have the cash available to front it, the One Pay option is definitely the best way to go from a savings perspective.

What I think I am hearing is there is a lot of soft skill and tap dancing that will go into actually getting it anywhere close to the posted deal.

I’m an easygoing humble person and never demanding or entitled, but it seems like there’s all this back and forth when really both people just want to sell/buy a car.

@ElectricEliminator I’d be thrilled to be at $160 but anything below $190 would be a win for me.

I would gladly one pay! From what I hear the checks are coming 1-3 months post purchase which is fine.

I have to port over points from last nights conversation to the leasehacker calculator to see how much one pay saves.

What’s GM’s MF reduction for one-pay?

It’s the end of the month for whatever it’s worth at the moment. You might be able to just counter with a monthly payment with zero due at signing that you would be willing to sign and take delivery of asap. See who says yes. As long as you are being realistic chances are that someone will bite.

It reduces the MF to 00001. It’s a 00073 reduction for 36 months but it won’t go zero or negative of course. Should be in the mid 9000s I think off the top of my head before the 5000 rebate.

One Pay probably looks something like this:

1 Like

.00073 if I recall correctly, on a Bolt it makes the MF .00001

I’m going to pick up/sign for a 2020 Bolt lease in Oregon this morning, how did I do? $247/month, $0 down, 36 months, 12k miles, no lease return fee

Without knowing MSRP and the regional incentives on the vehicle it’s hard to tell. It would be considered a unicorn in SoCal.

1 Like

I’m not sure of the exact MSRP/incentives they are using, as I’m confused on those details, basically I read: MSRP: $39,000, negotiated price $36,000, $7500 in rebates, .00051 MF. I plugged the numbers in the hacker calculator and I’m coming up with payments lower than what I’m paying, so I don’t know how they are getting their numbers.

There is if you can get them into the nitro fill, vin etching and key replacement warranty.

2 Likes

My favorite kinda MF

2 Likes

@ethanrs so I figured I would come back with an update.

I called the dealer and made an offer via phone. I told him where I want to be on a one-pay. He called back and said that we are thousands apart. I asked for a counter, he said no counter that’s it.
When I tried to work his total one pay into the leasehackr calculator I was at MSRP, way over supper price…

I called back to maybe see if the dealer and doc fees were the difference but got voicemail.

Is this some sort of courtship dance ritual thing? I’d like to buy the car today and I told him I would.

Did not go as expected, for sure.

Move on to other dealers.

1 Like

Circling back to add that the seats on the Hyundai are great compared to the alternative. I am 6’ 215 my wife is 5’9" and we felt strange sitting in the Bolt. There was plenty of headroom but the seats close together and there was a lack of a proper center console. The seats themselves did not cover the back of our deltoid muscles so one could “row” with arms while in place. The Hyundai comes with proper full width sedan seats.

I had a friend drive it around the block the other day and it was the first time that I was sitting in the passenger position. I looked over at him and made a mental note about how the cockpit was that of a standard sedan and not a narrow electric car. It feels airy and roomy. My wife chose the light grey interior which I feel helps to accentuate this.

Your perception of this car will depend on what you are getting out of to get into this. We were in an Equinox before this and generally prefer the CUV sitting position, that’s not a knock against the Ioniq but rather commentary about the practicality and form factor of a sedan.

Haven’t charged in three days (Bergen Co. to Coney Island and back; Bergen Co. to Yonkers and back and Edgewater to Weehawken and back to Bergen). I’m going to the park tonight with my kiddo and will plug in while we play. I greatly overestimated the amount of range anxiety. There’s more to an EV than range alone.

The base model does not have a heat pump (neither does the Bolt) but the Limited Ionic DOES have a heat pump which greatly reduces the power required to heat the car in the winter, thus increasing range. The Tesla model 3 does not come with a heat pump and like the Bolt shrivels much in the winter.

2 Likes

@Electric is more qualified than me to speak but the model y does have a heat pump the octopus whatever if I’m not mistaken.

2 Likes

Sure does!