2020 Chevy Bolt LT in NJ, $6,375 One Pay plus transfer fee

So I’m just gonna throw a number out there. I will probably put it up for $7,000 on Swapalease but for anyone here that’s interested I would do it for $6,375, effectively paying the transfer fee. Makes it effectively $255 a month, or $280 a month including the transfer fee. I can tell you this much, using the current leasing programs (with loyalty/conquest) and incentives with the exact same dealer discount I got (10.9% off MSRP) you would be looking at approximately a $9456 One Pay for 36 months, 10k miles a year, or $295 a month, true sign and drive. Keep in mind that as it stands right now this is effectively more of a 24 month, 13.5k mile a year lease. The NJ rebate is dead, at least for the foreseeable future (July at earliest). I will have to reimburse the state for the rebate I received.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Chevrolet Bolt LT

MSRP: $39,865
Monthly payment (pre-tax): One Pay Lease of $6,375
Effective monthly payment (if incentive is provided): $255, or $280 a month including the transfer fee.

Current mileage: 2,621 miles as of 1/22/2021
Maturity mileage: 30,000
Effective miles per month: 1,095
Maturity date: 2/24/2023

MSD due (if any): 0
Cash due (if any): $6,375 to me, $625 to GM Financial for the transfer fee.
Incentive for new lessee (if any): i have reduced the amount of the One Pay to effectively cover the transfer fee.

Financial institution: GM Financial
Transfer fee: GMF transfer fee is now $625
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): No

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details: Excellent condition, barely driven over the past year

Photos: Will be updated with more recent photos if interest warrants

If this goes does it mean LT1? GLWS

Transferring this would possibly open the door to that! Gotta jump one cliff at a time though.

1. Transfer Bolt
  2. Talk to wife
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. Profit?
  6. Talk to Wife
  7. ???
  8. Talk to Wife
  9. LT1?
8 Likes

Forgiveness always easier than permission :wink:

3 Likes

I may need the college supplier code though…

it’s a pity GM doesn’t allow state to state transfers anymore :frowning: At an effective 295, this would probably move in 24 hours in Florida. I’ve tried a half dozen times to get one of these at a dealership over the past few years, never anything even close to having a two in the first digit.

If I put it up on swapalease for $7,000 it would be effectively $280 a month for 25 months with over 13k miles a year, or effectively $305 a month with the transfer fee included. Easily the cheapest Bolt on swapalease in NJ, but my only competition would be one that is listed for $600 a month :joy:

OK, I’ve updated the original post to show my asking price. $6,375.

Don’t you need to keep the car for a min. 36 months in order to keep the $5,000 rebate?

Yes. If I transfer, sell, trade, etc I will have to pay back a prorated portion of the rebate. I’ve confirmed this with Charge Up NJ. For example, if I transferred it today I would be liable to return $3472.22 back to the state.

Aha.
Thanks for that.

Is this still available? Thanks

I’m actually going to close it up, forgot all about it. I was fixing to get one of the LT1 deals but that ship has sailed. For what this cost me I might as well just keep it at this point, especially since there’s not much to gain from swapping it once I pay the state back.