2020 BMW X3 xDrive30 M Sport - Deal Check

I have the following offer, but not sure if it is a great deal. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

2020 BMW X3 xDrive30i M Sport - 89011

It definitely is not. You’re at about 10% off pre-incentive with a fully marked up MF.

What state are you in? I’m confused as to why you’re paying $2158 in taxes up front and 8.25% sales tax on the payment.

Discount is okay, they are marking up the money factor (costs you roughly $1300 over the term of the lease)

I would shoot for an extra 2-3% off the selling price at base MF (.00142)

8.25% is correct for Nevada.

Not in addition to $2158 in upfront taxes

This is the reply I revived when I questioned the inflated MF.

“We have a small markup built in on this transaction, and unfortunately, due to the very sizable discount that we are providing you with, we are unable to amend that.”

Hummm…

This is the reply I received in reference to the taxes,

“On a lease, the Sales tax of 8.375% is assessed on the monthly lease payment. The way it is listed is for on the Sales Menu is in case you are purchasing, not leasing the X3. On the actual contract that you will sign in our Business office, you will see the base pay and the taxes itemized separately.”

Should tax be 8.25% in NV?

Depends on your local sales tax rate. Usually varies by city.

When you adjust for the MF mark up, you’re at 8% pre-incentive. I’d move on.

1 Like

BMW of henderson will take you to the cleaners. I tried negotiating with them a month ago and they pretty much just laughed me out of the dealership. I would highly suggest looking out of state if you value your money. There are a couple cali brokers on this site that will work with people in Nevada too.

Same here jsmooth. Wasted a lot of time with Henderson. Went to V BMW and that is where I left off. Better deal but still…a lot of haggling.
Did you do a deal in NV?