2020 BMW X3 M Competition deal check * Updated: Demo X3 M w/ 1700mi deal check

First time leasing, excited to participate in forums. Pretty sure this isn’t close to the 1% rule of thumb, so wanted some feedback please:

I had to work backwards from their offer of $1049/month. Only first payment DAS, thanks

Edit: - One idea is to call a few dealers in the state to get their best offers on something in inventory.

Edit2: A dealer in DFW offered me this, on a Demo X3 M w/ 1700 mi (has HUD and ACC, in Grey/Black)

MSRP: $80,545
Selling Price: $69,000
Cap reduction: $11,545 (14.3%)
Cap Cost: $ ?
Residual: $45,300 (56.62%, per LH calculator)
MF: ? assume max 0.00182
Term: 36 with 10k miles per year
Monthly: $1018 all included
Down payment: $0 (first payment)

I’m waiting on the MF, but the numbers obviously aren’t adding up with the LH calculator and I don’t have enough experience to finagle them out.

Thanks again.

What incentives do you qualify for? There’s a 3750 lease credit for x3m, though that can differ depending on your zip. The MF is wrong. Base is 0.00142, they can’t mark it up to 0.0019.

Check with Edmunds.

Yes supposedly $3750 is included for Conquest and BMW.
Also qualify for USAA.

They basically lumped all incentives in, but I didn’t grill them on it since I’m still waiting on a Tesla lease offer.

Will have them clarify the MF (i read the max is 0.0004 mark up right)

This isn’t a useful metric for the quality of a lease. Forget you’ve ever heard of it.

If they’re already rolling that in, you have a long way to go to make this a good deal. You’d want to target your current discount before incentives instead of after, but with buy rate MF. You’re probably $5-6k too high on this deal, at least.

What do you suggest my counter offer is? $800/month?

I’d suggest you never negotiate based on monthly price, and instead take a step back to fully understand what all the incentives you qualify for add up to, then put together numbers based on the current lease terms.

2 Likes

Depending what area you’re in, I’d shoot for 11-12% pre-incentive discount.

Yes, right after I typed my reply I realized the mistake of negotiating only the monthly payment.

I also saw some lease transfers posts here around 17% off.

This is in South Texas, supposedly the largest dealership in North America

I assume you’re looking at NYC’s transfer. That is an insanely good deal and not indicative of what I’d expect to get off. 12ish% pre-incentive discount is a great target.

Comparing a brand new negotiated deal to a lease transfer is like comparing apples to oranges. FWIW, you are not going to get anywhere close to 17% off MSRP on an X3 M. Don’t forget that with lease transfers, some folks include a ton of additional incentives to “move a car”. Also, with taking over someone else’s lease, you are technically leasing a “used” car.

Reset your expectations on what is possible on this car.

$3750 is a lease credit - and separate from Conquest, USAA, etc. You can definitely do better on the discount, although the Texas sales tax policy doesn’t help.

(Your LH calculator isn’t formatted correctly)

@Electric

Please forget your ever heard about this. It is not an actual thing and is a terrible metric to judge a lease. Every car is different and must be judged on its own. Some cars would be a unicorn deal at 1% others you got hosed at 1%. You would do well to forget about that.

2 Likes

I would assume the dealer is at max mf. Also assuming TX. So will look more like this. $500 is taken out of selling price also. So it’s not a true 9% discount

1 Like

Sorry, but the likelihood of getting this in Texas is not very high. Remember that Texas is a tougher market than California.

Please re-read my post. He had not stated he was in Texas. I even told him it depends on the market he’s in.

Just because it’s not possible in your market doesn’t mean it is not elsewhere.

I misread his post. He said he negotiated with a dealership in South Texas, so assumed he was from TX.

@krsleaser what state are you registering the car to?

Wasn’t responding to you. You are right though about the taxes making it a hard issue in Texas.

Here is a comparative deal I just signed… $84K MSRP $4,700 DAS ($719 first month, $925 acq fee, $2,897 tax, ~$200 DMV) 36months 10k miles per year. Base MF, ($5,750 loyalty + lease cash as incentive) just under 13% discount.

1 Like