Maturity mileage: 30,014
Effective miles per month: ~900
Maturity date: 6/23/2023

MSD due (if any): $0
Cash due (if any): $7,500

Financial institution: BMWFS
Transfer fee: $500
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): Yes

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details: 1,000 miles on it. Garaged the whole time

Photos:

1 Like

Effective payment around $1,500 + state tax.
This will be very tough to move with high DAS plus the fact there had been a few hacks on this vehicle on the forum. Might have better luck with Swapalease

Thanks! I don’t think they’re moving quite as good as they were a few months ago. I listed it on SAL and have been getting a lot of riffraff, I figured that I’d list here and see if anyone was interested.

Why the early transfer? just wondering

Wow, weird seeing a neighbor in here. Beautiful color combo. Good luck on moving this!

1 Like

Why not? I had a m4cs for 3 months, had the m8 for a few, now looking to get a CPO that I can drive FL -> DC 3x a year or so. That’s 6k miles right there :slight_smile:

1 Like

No judgement, I really just am curious as to the reasons people unload their leases so early.

And if you can do it, why not!

I love car shopping and getting deals, I work from home and I don’t drive often so I don’t crush the miles on the lease, I love new apartments/cars, and have an 830 credit score so no issues getting approved. If I can get out of it for roughly what I paid for it, why not?! Effectively “renting” a $159k car for a few thousand dollars sounds like a pretty cool deal to me, heh. In March I leased a M4CS for $750/month $0 DAS and sold that lease for $5k 3 months later.

On the flip side, when I lived in DC it made sense to buy CPO Tesla’s (no sales tax or registration there) so I bought 2 of those and sold them 6 months later for a profit, lol. Bought a model S for $50k and sold it back to tesla for $53k. Bought an X for $67k and sold to a private party for $70k 6 months later.

If I lived in a state that you pay tax on the sale price of the car I obviously wouldn’t be able to do that.

6 Likes

Sounds like you have no kids.

Great I would maybe do the same with money, time and no one else to pay for

2 Likes

Single, 34, no kids :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Curious… what kind of “riffraff” were you getting? Low-ball offers? “I’ll take it off your hands now for zero cash due”? Or worse? :joy:

SaL is full of bottom feeders and Internet tire kickers. I was thinking about writing a review on LH about using SaL as a seller as it’s a bit like the Wild West on there.

1 Like

Are people in DC that stupid? Just curious how you were able to buy and sell at a profit. Very interesting arbitrage opportunity.

34, no kids, with a M8… they probably just throw their panties in as you drive by!

6 Likes

Tesla CPO are (were?) run by an algorithm, so every day they start higher than the cars should cost, and go down $400-$800 every day. The Model S that I picked had cosmetic damage in the wheel well in the pictures, but they actually fixed it. Maybe that scared away some buyers. Then I sold it right back to Tesla less than a year later for $3k more and traded it in for the X - when i bought the model X, I shipped it to a guy in Vegas - not dc!

They can’t throw them in because they’re melting.

2 Likes

You should! LH does send a lot of ppl that way and that should be another ‘advisory’ thread in and of itself

I sold my M4CS lease to someone from SAL and had a pretty good experience. I probably responded to 50 garbage text messages though!

1 Like

I’m starting to look at an 8 series convertible as a third car option. Beautiful build, great payment. The $7500 will be tough here because new models have a lot of trunk money right now. 20% off a new model is not uncommon from what I’m seeing. SAL will get the dregs of the earth with every lowball offer. I’ve done three assumptions so far - there are solid buyers out there just need time.

Quick search shows you can pick up a fresh brand new m8 for less than you are asking.

Why go through the hassle of lease transferring a used one for more money