2020 BMW M550i - $86k MSRP / $995 Per Month / 13 months left

, ,

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 BMW M550i Xdrive

MSRP: $85,835
Monthly payment (pre-tax): $995.32 including NJ Tax
Effective monthly payment (if incentive is provided):

Current mileage: 32,178
Maturity mileage: 44,100 (I purchased more miles, originally 36K)
Effective miles per month: ~917
Maturity date: 09/30/2022

MSD due (if any): $0
Cash due (if any): $0
Incentive for new lessee (if any): $0

Financial institution: BMW Financial
Transfer fee: $500
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): Yes

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details:

Car is in immaculate condition, I replaced the the grey M550 trim with gloss black parts from BMW. The car is also tuned by RK tunes in Long Island, NY and currently makes 630 HP. The car also comes with a set of winter tires (Pirelli WINTER SOTTOZERO SERIE II). The car still has the winter tires on (see photos of tread). I will be switching back to the Goodyears this week. The car is also tinted 20% all around.

Photos:

2 Likes

How does all this “tuning” sit with bmw at the end of the lease? Asking for a friend.

2 Likes

It’s only an ECU flash, can easily be deleted.

1 Like

sheeeesh GLWT, this thing probably sounds amazing.

:chocolate_bar:

It’s sounds Nasty!

Uploaded a video to https://vimeo.com/532991668

10 Likes

I don’t know if the car will run into problems. Hopefully not, but Bmw can always detect a tune if they really dug into it, even if it’s ecu is reflashed.

2 Likes

I have had previous M leases that were tuned and the dealer never said anything to me. I didn’t even bother to re-flash them.

2 Likes

Yea I don’t think dealers proactively look.
Car looks amazing. Definitely a beast. Good luck with transfer

Imagine the next guy picking up the car and being in for a surprise :sweat_smile:

Only issue would be if the car had an engine problem and you brought it into the dealer. They could detect the tune and my guess is the repair for the engine would be on you.

If the car has no engine or electrical problems you’ll be fine.

If you have a problem, BMW can and will void your warranty cover for having a tune. The ECU has a tamper flag, according to my understanding—sort of a canary that can’t be reset if it’s changed at all. I’d guess 99% of the time it’s fine. Just don’t be the guy who is the 1% and is fixing a Bimmer engine out of warranty.

A piggyback tune is better if you care about your warranty.

Sill available If anyone is interested

Will send you Pm when I get a spare second but I am def interested

Hello, nice car, what is the updated mileage situation? Original post was April. Thanks!

The car currently has 32,178 miles on it. That brings the effective monthly miles to 917. I drive it 1-2 days per week as I mostly use my truck as my daily.

Uploaded some updated pictures as well showing carbon mirror caps etc.

Beauty! Do you have and are you open to sharing the 0-60 or quarter mile times on her? The 2020 M550i has been a dream of mine for a while, but adding the tune!!

What’s the residual?

How do we get it reflashed to stock if we had to? Also what pieces did you replace to black? Im interested since I’m in south jersey and work up north. I’m hoping to test drive the car and see it.

I have never recorded it on a VBox or anything but its around 3.1 seconds. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was sub 3 seconds. I used to have a Trackhawk and this feels so much faster…

1 Like

I can bring it to RKtunes and they will do it in 5 minutes. All the matte silver trim was replace with Gloss black trim from BMW of Tenafly (you can see in the recent photos I uploaded). Also, the mirrors are now carbon (also from BMW of Tenafly). You can come up north to look at the car but i am not letting anyone test drive until they have at least completed the initial transfer application - Hope you can understand my hesitation.