2020 BMW M340i Lease

So I reached out to a dealer regarding a 2020 M340i they had on the lot. They got back to me with some high numbers, I think. Check out the quote. I am looking for a lease for 12000 miles / 36 months with 0 down and probably doing MSDs. I told the sales rep that I was going to do about 4 MSDs, but I wanted the MF to be a base. The quote has a RV 59% and MF 0.00158. I countered with 14% off MSRP before incentives, hoping to get around 11 or 12% off. I have another 1k in incentives that I am waiting on a certificate from my company to present the dealer, so the total rebate should be 3k.

EDIT: They came back with base MF with 59%RV. I got a 10% discount off MSRP before rebates. I have 3k rebates. With 4 MSDs, I got the monthly payment down to 650, which I think is doable. Its not the AMAZING deal I was looking for, but its the car I am looking for, with what I think is a fair price for the area I live in (where there are always BMW buyers). I might try to get a bit more off at the dealer and if they don’t move, I’ll just sign for it.

Edit 2:

So I received this 2nd quote for a different Demo 2020 M340i with about 200 miles on it. The 575 number just doesn’t compute in my head with the info I was told.
I was told the deal has the following:
12k/36 lease
MF: 0.00118 + 7 MSD = 0.00083
RV: 59%
2k rebate
0 down+ first month + MSDs DAS
4% VA Tax
+3k equity from my trade in

That 575 number just seems not correct and the calculator also doesn’t come out to that number either.
This one is just confusing me. I wonder if they just made a mistake somewhere in their input.

If you plan on keeping the car long term why are you looking at a lease?

1 Like

Have you thought about reaching out to dealers further away and having it shipped? I’ve done that with my last 3 vehicles including my current M340i because the local dealers provided laughably high quotes like yours. I ended up with a $68k M340i for $750/month, 15k miles per year, true sign and drive. It’s not the best deal ever, but it was 10% off MSRP plus all rebates and a $500 post-sale BMWCCA rebate.

So they countered with 10% off to your 14% offer? I’d make sure they’re willing to give you the buy rate MF. Since the deal isn’t likely going to go over 12%, that’s what you should target.

If you can push to max MSDs then it should make the payment more amenable.

I noticed you’re in Virginia. Make sure you account for the property tax. It’s gonna hurt on a 60k BMW.

Ditto that. If you know you are going to keep it well beyond the lease term, you may want to look at buying rather than leasing. Maybe there are some CPO cars out there?

So It comes down the family panning. I figured if we can get a good deal now, we can swap the car for a bigger suv in 3 years when we plan for a 2nd kid. But the 2nd option to finance is fine too, where I think the m340i is pretty ok for a family of 4 long term. Idk, does that even make sense outside of my head?

I did look further out, but dealers have been telling me it would take 3-4 weeks to get the car out to me and that is too long as my current car is going to be leaving my hands in 2 weeks.

Well, all our parents did fine with a Corolla and a family of 4, so why not? Before SUVs a sedan was a family car :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Makes sense. Good luck. I hope you get one, as it’s incredibly fun to drive, has a ton of cool tech, and can comfortably fit actual humans in the back seat.

Define “swap?” Trade in before lease is complete? Transfer lease to another party? Or consider buying car from BMWFS at end of lease term?

I countered with 14% off after they offered 10% off (which is what is in the quote I posted) hoping to squeeze out 2 % more. But they just returned to me with an additional $500 off MSRP. They also gave me base MF and with 4 MSDs that MF comes down to 0.00098.

man I know, my family did fine with a nissan maxima when we were kids. But now I got grandparents living with us too. They have their own car, for now, but that might change in a couple years.

Probably just turn in the lease at the end of the 36 months and finance a larger SUV.

1 Like

Do they charge extra to ship it to you? I’m on the west coast and a dealer in Florida has a car that I’m interested in.

Ok…I was just clarifying. Because the residuals on BMW 3 series are artificially high so it probably wouldn’t make sense to purchase it at lease end. Also, that makes trading in at some point during the lease difficult as well because you’d be in a negative equity situation. If you want an SUV now @IAC has good X5 deals. I got one a couple of weeks ago. My payment is $640 w/ 2k DAS…convenience pkg, 21" wheels, remote start.

1 Like

At least the residual on X5s is pretty low. Now’s the Time to jump on them while you can, especially the remaining 2019s.

I used they same shipping company I’ve always used in the past. I arranged shipping through them, gave them the contact information at the dealership, and they picked up the car (covered transport due to the BMW individual paint) and had it to me in a couple of days. Florida to the west coast would probably be $1000-$1500 depending on a few factors. I negotiated with shipping cost in mind.

Please also remember that 10% is pretty good right now. The m340i has been low in inventory for a while, is a hot seller, and there’s no volume bonus this month.

1 Like

Agreed. And in the DC area, there is no shortage of people buying luxury cars, even in this environment. Job security is crazy around here.

1 Like

While an SUV isn’t needed with kids, it is important to remember that car seats these days are significantly larger than they were when we were kids.