2020 BMW M340i $522.05/mo, $0 MSD, $0 DAS - Only Transfer Fee. 32 Months, 33k miles remaining | Mods - Please close

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 BMW M340i
MSRP: $60,270
Monthly payment (pre-tax): $522.05
Effective monthly payment (if incentive is provided): $0

Current mileage: 3,521
Maturity mileage: 37,251
Effective miles per month: 1054
Maturity date: 7/16/2023

MSD due (if any): $0
Cash due (if any): $ 0
Incentive for new lessee (if any): $0

Financial institution: BMWFS
Transfer fee: $500 - To be paid by assuming party ie. you.
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): Yes.

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details: Excellent Condition. Only mods include addition of OEM BMW Front All Weather Mats & 20% window tint all around.

Hi LH Community - Up for Transfer is my newly acquired M340i. Vehicle is in excellent shape and more pictures upon request. Itā€™s currently raining like crazy here so uploading what I have with the relevant details.

Reason for Transfer - I am relocating across country and I am now working from home. I have another vehicle so doesnā€™t make sense hanging onto this one, much less transporting it across the country. Please Read - I am relocating by Week 1 of December so the transfer will need to be completed by then. I will be much less motivated to transfer this if I have to ship it across the country and register it in a new state as I actually really really enjoy the car. Thus, if youā€™re looking to move forward please be understanding of this aggressive timeline. This is not my first process and I am very familiar with how it will go. Iā€™ve already called BMWFS to confirm they do have the title and the November 16th payment has already been made. Notables - Premium Package (Heads up Display, Heated Wheel, Heated Seats), Harmon Kardon Stereo, Alpine White on Black Leather, 792M Wheels, DAS Package.

If youā€™re ready to move and know you can qualify, PM me for next steps. Cheers!

6 Likes

This is really solid, GLWT

1 Like

Thank you!

You should check the BMWFS transfer timeline thread. May not be realistic

100% - it is taking over a month at the very best.

You might want to check with BMW FS if the title is in-house or held electronically. If itā€™s in-house, you might be able to finish by first week of December if you start a transfer today/tomorrow. GLWT!

Really solid deal! Good luck with transfer

Great call. Didnā€™t realize BMWFS was that far out. Iā€™ll review. The last transfer took 8 days from when it was initiated. Iā€™ll search for the thread and decide what Iā€™m gonna do from there.

That hasnā€™t been the state since COVID-19 timesā€¦ roughly 4-6 weeks now. Best make alternate plans. GLWT

1 Like

Thanks all.

Given the lead times of BMWFSā€¦ Iā€™ll leave this up through the weekend to see if anyone local to Charlotte is interested as I can leave the keys and vehicle with a family friend while paperwork is processing as long as no transportation coordinating needs to be done - if no one local is interested come Monday - Mods I will reach out to close.

Nice carā€¦

Does anyone know what sort of taxes/fees would be due if I were to assume the lease and register the car in Virginia?

Hello Gao,
Wanted to make sure I understood your lease transfer offer. $522.05 per month with no other ā€˜costsā€™ besides the ā€œtransfer feeā€? Do you have an idea of what the transfer fee would be? I live in Tennessee. Also, do you know how taxes would work (ie, how are the taxes I owe determined since you already paid taxes and I would be assuming lease from you)? If we can make this happen, I would just pick up car from you in Charlotte. I look forward to your response. Shamael
shamael@sbcglobal.net

In TN, add your sales tax rate to $522.05 to determine monthly payment. For example, if your sales tax is 9%, your monthly payment would be $569 roughly. The transfer fee is $500 as listed in his post.

Thanks Car Rhino. Question now is whether BMW Financial Services could get the paperwork process done in time, thoughts? Shamaelm

Lots of variables there. Assuming everyone does their paperwork quickly and accurately, it would be very close. As mentioned, you could pick it up from his friend should he pick you for transfer.

Thank you my friend

Hi Shamaelm - I did receive your PM. I received one individual ahead of you who is local to Charlotte. Iā€™ll keep you updated accordingly.

Thank you. I will await your update. Thank you. Shamaelm

Mods/Admin - Please close this thread.

After speaking with BMWFS and other considerations, it appears the transfer timeline will not align. I will reconsider post relocation. Iā€™ll reach out directly to all who PMā€™d me.

Thanks!