2020 BMW 330i (amazing low mileage!). CA only. 1529 miles/mo. 18 mos left. $363 + tax + $3k DAS + $2800 MSDs

Sell it to a third party - Carvana, Vroom, Carmax, etc.

1 Like

Might want to update the model year.

If you can sell it to 3rd party dealers with 3k positive equity then why bother transferring the lease? Lease transfer takes longer and adds more uncertainty.

2 Likes

Upfront cash is 5.8k or 3k?

It’ll be a total of $5.8K, of which $2.8 will be refunded at the end of the lease.

Unfortunately it looks like the option to sell this to a third-party buyer closed as of last night :frowning:

Initially sounded like it was just more complicated but now it sounds like it might be true - I stand corrected…

No doubt a direct sale to a third-party is generally more straightforward than doing a swap. In the case of BMWs right now though, it looks like that door has now closed, at least for the time being :frowning:

If you’re asking for that much cash upfront, you’ll need to add that to the title. You should also add the monthly payment to the title as well.

Yes correct!

Interested if 3000 cash payment is not required.

I think you should look at some broker deals on here as a comparison. While I agree the mileage here is great I think your amount due upfront is on the high side when you compare to where brokers can get someone for a new 330xi. That being said - not sure if you listed on SAL or LeaseTrader yet but you might have some luck there with your current ask.

Interested if 3000 cash payment is not required. Located in OC

You should probably respond to the posts above.

Open to a lower cash payment than 3000, but will need something significant…thx

Would you take $2k? You may want to be more specific for folks interested in your car.

I am not interested in your car, BTW.

4 Likes

I am interested in taking over the lease, but not willing to pay the cash due

1 Like

PM the seller with an offer.

One little addition is the factory maintenance doesn’t transfer after the 2015 model year. If the seller purchased a maintenance package above the included factory maintenance, that could be transferred.

If I were in op position, I would let someone take the lease (make someone else pay the transfer fee and get my msd back in cash) and just try to make the process as easy as possible (pick someone who will pass bmfs credit check). Get the car out of my name asap given situation at home.

Alternatively, I would expedite purchase and sell to carvana asap.

I personally would not take a lease transfer from someone who’s trying to haggle price. Understandable, but I rather not negotiate for third party lease transfer.