2020 BMW 330i (amazing low mileage!). CA only. 1529 miles/mo. 18 mos left. $363 + tax + $3k DAS + $2800 MSDs

PM the seller with an offer.

One little addition is the factory maintenance doesn’t transfer after the 2015 model year. If the seller purchased a maintenance package above the included factory maintenance, that could be transferred.

If I were in op position, I would let someone take the lease (make someone else pay the transfer fee and get my msd back in cash) and just try to make the process as easy as possible (pick someone who will pass bmfs credit check). Get the car out of my name asap given situation at home.

Alternatively, I would expedite purchase and sell to carvana asap.

I personally would not take a lease transfer from someone who’s trying to haggle price. Understandable, but I rather not negotiate for third party lease transfer.

BMW does not allow third party buyouts anymore so he should definitely entertain offers, otherwise he will be keeping the car.

1 Like

Do you realize that by adding $3000 as a cash upfront, you are effectively increasing monthly payment of this lease by $166.67 before tax ( I am not even talking about future value of money), which equates to you asking the someone to pay $529 per month pre tax…One can lease a much better equipped car for less than that :slight_smile:

This is incorrect information. BMW does allow third party buyouts still, they just will not provide the payoff amount direct to the 3rd party bank. It must be requested by the lessee.

3 Likes

So on BMW lease transfers, maintenance do not transfer? So new transfer owner will have to pay out of pocket to service their car (oil changes, etc)?

Correct. If you assume a BMW lease, you assume the commitment to abide by the factory maintenance schedule at your own cost.

1 Like

Wow that’s terrible. That’s a cost that needs to be factored in when taking over particularly long leases. Is this the case for most dealerships (lexus, Mercedes, etc)?

This can be transferred for a couple of hundred dollars. It was done when I transferred my lease to someone else.

1 Like

That is not what it says here

“Coverage is not transferable to subsequent purchasers, owners, or lessees.”

https://www.bmwusa.com/explore/bmw-value/bmw-maintenance/terms-and-conditions.html

1 Like

It can’t be straight transferred but you can pay to re-up it.

You know you would think if that was an option Bmw would mention it somewhere. Not just whispers on Internet forums, where the second owner or lessee is worried whether they will have to pay for maintenance.

It is mentioned.

https://bmwusaservice.com/ultimatecare

I think they update it every year to the subsequent year. When I traded my lease, the new owner took advantage of it when 2022 models were not out yet.

“For model year 2022 and newer vehicles sold or leased by an authorized BMW Center, BMW Ultimate Care coverage is transferable to subsequent purchasers, owners, or lessees. BMW Ultimate Care coverage is not transferable for all model years 2021 and older.”

Ok I’ll amend my statement, you would think rather than say it’s not transferable period they would say it is for a fee, rather than having conflicting statements.

Edit: so it’s only transferable for my 2022?

You can always re-instate your service agreement after lease transfer has been completed. The charge is $100 (Personally done on a 5 series and an M8) but your local BMW dealership might charge an extra couple hundred as high as $300. Best to reach out to your friendly service advisor and discuss with him. Don’t forget to tip him if he does not upcharge you :wink:

2 Likes

Exactly, that’s what I did. It’s best to make sure with your local dealership. I never trust what I see online, even when it’s written like that.

So OP has a ‘great deal’ and is charging people 3k so they can have his ‘great deal’? Isn’t that the way the cash due reads?

OP, I’d take the car but you’d have to pay me $3k to take it. Offer is on the table if you’re ready.

2 Likes

This is false information. See main thread about bmw still allowing 3rd party buyout. But leasee has to facilitate the payoff quote.

message sent