2020 Acura TLX FWD A-Spec.... good deal?

Hello everyone! I’ve been lurking through these forums all day today and decided I just needed to see what the pros thought. I have always purchased vehicles in the past thinking this was the car I was going to keep, but 3 years later I end up trading it in. Which brought me to this point. I feel completely out of place talking about leasing. I feel like there’s something I’m missing, but this is the deal the dealer provided me. Anyone have any thoughts?

2020 Acura TLX FWD A-Spec in the Delaware area
MSRP $40,395.00
Dealer discount: $9,550
Rebate: $1,500 (military/conquest)
Adjusted price: $29,246

Trade-in: $4205 (equity… which they offered about $1,000 over KBB for my trade)

Processing Fee: $399
Tax: $755.73
Non Tax Fees: $770

Total Price: $27,065.02
36/12k
Mo Payment: $382
DAS: $0

Good/Bad deal? I feel like it should be slightly lower from what I was reading throughout the day. Also, does anyone have any lessons learned on leasing? Is it a good idea in general? Any issues you’ve come across? Thanks so much for your time!

Not sure if you pulled a trigger or not.

But Does the dealer discount include the current lease incentives ($8,450) in December?

If so you can probably negotiate more discount.

Seems high to me…

I believe dealers have $4k in flex cash thru 1/2/2020 in addition to all the published incentives…flex your muscles and negotiate hard.

I did not pull the trigger yet. Having never leased before, definitely taking my time. I am assuming the dealer discount included those lease incentives.

Thanks for the feedback! We’ll see what they can do for me.

Use the calculator to get an idea how the math works. Good Luck!

That’s way too much to put down if that’s what you’re doing.

And get the SH-AWD instead.

1 Like

True if the trade in is going towards reducing CAP Cost then the payment is even worse. Get cash out for trade-in. DO NOT DO CAP REDUCTION.

OP @Geez , do review the lease terminology and how each element of lease works to not get taken a ride for.

Awesome! Thanks a lot for all of the input. Definitely going to be negotiating with them more.

Thanks for the suggestion on the AWD instead

Just a little update… I’ve spent some time working with the local dealer and I have gotten them to budge a little on the FWD (down to $350 from $380). max_g suggested the AWD and I think I’m sold. I found the exact car I’m looking for, but out of state, and this is what they offered me: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Acura&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=45795&sales_price=34023&months=36&mf=.00315&dp=0&dealer_fee=300&acq_fee=595&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=50&reg_fee=1842.48&sales_tax=2.3&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

I didn’t get an actual MF yet, still waiting to hear back. I just increased it a little to get the actual payment they were quoting. Essentially, they’re offering the AWD for the price the local dealer was offering the FWD which sounded good initially, but the calc score was only 7.4.

What am I missing?!?!

What ended up happening?

2 Likes