2020 Acura MDX Base AWD $358 premium color

How’d I do on this deal? Contacted a bunch of other dealerships and none could get even under $400/monthly with similar drive off. $349 was the monthly without a premium color.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Acura MDX Base AWD premium color (adds $400)
MSRP: $47,795
Selling price: $37,479
Monthly Payment: $358
Drive-Off Amount: $2,653
Months: 36
Annual Mileage:10,000
MF: .00225
Residual: 58%
Incentives: $2000
Region: Northeast
Leasehackr Score:10.1 years
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

1 Like

Healthy discount. Looks pretty good to me.

Definitely looks like a very good deal. Even if MF was .00001 they still would’ve had to discount by 10.5% to achieve this deal and 10.5% on a new 2020 is pretty good.

Just goes to show how these goals we have are moving targets and no “rule” always makes sense. We always hear “at least 10%-12% off”. But what if it’s NJ with a $599 doc fee? Compared to a NY deal at 8.5% you may have the exact same payment, dealer is getting the same amount of money, yet folks here may say there’s more meat left on the NY deal. Point is a 21% discount is quite different at .00001 vs. .00225. Sorry for the diatribe, I just think it’s good info for new users so they don’t go expecting 21% off on a Mazda/Kia/Honda.

Anyway nice work this is a good one!

1 Like

Acura is throwing a lot of money in rebates at the MDX. Important to keep this in mind when looking at the 21% number.

Hmmm didn’t realize there’s already $5,800 on the table for a 2020 base. But really they’re forced to provide those “crazy” incentives because of the MF. As others have pointed out around here some dealers will just use that incentive money to directly buy down the MF through the bank, or buy up the residual. Not sure why Acura handles it this way-maybe because they like to say “well we can give you $5,800 off this vehicle right away!”.

Based on that looks like the deal was 9.4% off before incentives.

I think it’s more because the MDX is dated and coming up on a new model. Honda/Acura charges high MFs on almost all their vehicles, but don’t incentivize most of them like they do the MDX and TLX.

Not sure where you’ve seen this, but neither is true. The incentive money is used as seen above, so lower the cap cost.

I think he’s talking more about how some captives subvene MFs or artificially inflate rvs vs provide incentives.

Yes that’s what I meant. I’m not familiar with the process, but I’ve seen trusted hackers and brokers mention this practice.

Edit: Realized my original post said “dealers” will do this which is incorrect.

I am confused on discount (21.6%) and incentives ($2000). And I know there is $5800 incentive from Acura. So why $2000 of incentive/rebate is listed separately? Basically I want to figure out which part is paid by dealer and which is paid by manufacturer.

The $5800 was included in the selling price and the $2000 was additional dealer cash that was applied as a down payment.

Thanks! I didn’t realize $2000 is from dealer. But anyway you got 21.6% off AND $2000. That’s great! I got a quote from a local dealer and the discount is far less:

msrp: 47395
discount: 8000
rebate: 2500

It is about 2400 short. I will see how much more I can push out:)

Hi,

I’m interested in a similar deal. What area are you in? I’m in So Cal.

New Jersey

Can you share info I’m in Maine and would like that type of deal ? :slight_smile:

Can you share the info please. I’m in PA and intersed to know a deal on mdx with tech pkg.

Is your 358/mo payment pre tax?

Yes - price was $349 plus $9 per month for the premium color.

Sussman Acura

NJ but dealer is in PA