2020 Acura ILX Deal Check

People have gotten much better value for money on entry level premium cars like Mercedes A class, Volvo S60, etc. Check out the Shared Deals section as well as Marketplace

Or look into lease transfers for BMW, Audi, etc

Yeah man stereotyping is so awful :roll_eyes:

This made me laugh lol! Don’t forgot all the bros with the Accord Sports!!!

2 Likes

Pretty much all require loyalty

Volvo currently offers the same amount incentive for conquest and loyalty.

A product roadmap that was leaked a few months ago indicated that an as-yet-unnamed compact car would be released prior by 2022. While all the other cars on the roadmap retained their current names, “ILX” was nowhere to be found (so it’s entirely possible the car will get renamed).

Hopefully it isn’t like the MDX where the 2021 looks state of the art for 2016.

1 Like

Ok but Acura is still a premium brand! Apparently, anyway… What’s notable about them besides the (Honda) NSX? I don’t really see much difference between an Accord with leather seats and a TLX.

Comes across as a lazy answer… you checked every single one and found they all pretty much require loyalty?

As in cars like BMW a4 and so on
It’s too often that people go oh get that instead of an accord.

The two cars don’t have similar payments. An outlier deal where someone gets lucky should not be compared to the normal occurrence.

That’s what I’m trying to say

I actually like the way the new MDX looks (although I don’t know why the dash needs to be THAT wide) and am actually surprised by the negative thoughts about it on the board. I think the interior’s pretty nice, too.

I do think there’s a market (even if it’s small) for a compact-ish but nicely finished car that drives well and is clearly a few steps above a regular economy car, and the new compact sedan could certainly fill that void. Hope Honda learns how to better quell road/wind noise, though.

At any rate, to get back on-topic (sort of)… I haven’t driven an ILX, but, IIRC, that generation of Civic was the one that got an “emergency” refresh b/c of all the negative reviews. I don’t think the underlying platform was very good, so, to be honest, I can’t imagine the ILX being particularly good, either. But if it works for the OP… ::shrug::

We should have a master list of cars we’re allowed to like.

3 Likes

I don’t think it looks bad, it just is 5 years too late. The MDX has suffered for years for being really dated compared to the competition. This was an opportunity to leap frog the competition. Instead, it seems like they did just enough to catch up… which will put it squarely into the really dated category again when everyone else refreshes soon.

The MDX is the perfect example of how Old Money still exists. I can’t even explain how many MDX’s I see in CT that have vanity plates and seen in wealthy towns.

It’s the generation where they started going cheap, like ditching independent rear suspension, although that was before the refresh. 8th gen is where the cheapness started. It’s pretty standard for the Japanese to drag their feet on redesigns, let the Germans innovate with tech, let them suffer through the growing pains, they copy it and make it reliable.