2019 XC90 Lease in FL

So the most you have seen in Volvo cash on an XC90 T6 Momentum was $3k and it wasn’t until December? I need to bite the bullet in the next week and turn in my current lease before my first lease extension payment would be due – best case scenario is I could wait until the end of August, but at that point I have no way of definitely getting the color combo/options I would want since the 2020s will be hitting the lots in September.

Dealer is applying the $1,000 Costco cash on top of the $2,000 Volvo cash. 12.2% off MSRP prior to incentives. 16.9% off MSRP with the $3,000 in incentives.

Deal that is currently mine if I want it:

XC90 T6 Momentum with Advance Package

MSRP: $62,630
Selling Price: $52,020 (includes the $2k dealer cash and $1k Costco cash)

Monthly Payment: $575 tax in (could be $575.xx)
**Cash Due at Signing: $8,750 (Includes $2,750 down for inceptions & first month + $6,000 for max MSDs)

• MSD: $6,000 (10)
  • Fees: $2,750 DAS for inceptions (including $995 dealer fee & first month)
  • Taxes: 7%
    Incentives: Already factored in above ($2k dealer cash + $1k Costco)

**Months:**36
Annual Mileage: 15,000
MF: .00098 (after MSDs)
Residual: 58%

Region: Southeast

Leasehackr Score: 8.9 years

I keep playing with the calculator trying to figure out how this works – I can’t quite get to the $575 number I was given (ending up around $581). I didn’t ask for the full breakdown of the fees/how the DAS was split other than verifying that inceptions including the first month payment are included - I am guessing that they are using some of the down payment as cap reduction to decrease the pre-tax payment.

@AP919 thoughts?

Then you are getting a good discount, just slightly over 11%

I agree. It’s a good discount.

However, even for Florida, that doc fee is crazy. Also, unless I missed it, what is the rest of the $2,750 for, other than the $995? You obviously don’t pay tax up-front in FL, and I’m pretty sure that DMV is never more than $400 and think it’s closer to $200.

Presumably acquisition fee takes up a large part of that.

That dealer fee is the same I paid recently in Florida. Probably could have negotiated it down, but figured they would just tack the difference on somewhere else and I was happy with the monthly payment.

Went to the dealer today to look at the breakdown. It looks like some small miscellaneous fees and they are applying 1,6xx.xx as cap cost reduction without laying out what it is going to. The guy said that it would all be split up on the lease contract. Realistically, the $2,750 is for “inceptions” however they decide to use it and then roll the rest into the lease.

The doc/dealer fees seem pretty standard for all of the dealers down here ranging from $995-$999.

The lease price I was shown today was $576.00. Think I am going to just bite the bullet. Getting really tired of dealing with all of it and I have wasted a ton of billable time.

Do you want to contact an out-of-state dealer? Message me the specs of the car, and I’ll see if my dealer has one on the lot. They deal with all states and are also looking to make numbers.

I appreciate the offer but my current lease (before the extension starts) is up on June 4th. I’m out of town starting on May 31st, so I think I just need to get it over with this weekend/week and do the lease return before I head out of town.

Can you extend and buy some more time?

Too late, he won’t get extension before 5/31

Okay. So based on that, the $2,750 could be acq., Doc., first, and registration. I’m not sure where the cap cost reduction comes in. Which dealer is this again?

I already have an extension for 3 months, month to month if I want it. Just not sure this headache is worth a few hundred dollars + dealing with shipping a car from the northeast and having to potentially pay for 2 leases at once.

PM’d you the dealer. The $2,750 is some mix of the 1600 cap cost reduction/dealer fee/first month/misc fees and whatever is left over I am guessing is being rolled into the lease.

It could very well be more than a few hundred dollars. The doc fee alone is half of what you have in Florida.

Also, the incentive in the NE appears to be $2,000 on T6 mom. Any reason why you’re getting AWD/bigger engine, other than wanting the power?

I want more power… heavy SUV. Coming from an Infiniti sedan so I want to make the transition as painless as possible.

The incentive for the T6 momentum down here is $2k also, unless you are saying there is an additional $2k on top of that in the NE.

Where is @mani_is_kool with his Volvo deals?

1 Like

Im banned by Volvo :bear:

I wanted to update the thread so everyone has another XC90 reference point heading into the end of the month. I picked up the car last Sunday - love it so far!

These were the final numbers:

XC90 T6 Momentum with Advance Package (osmium gray; heated steering wheel/backseats; 20” wheels; protection package premier)

MSRP: $62,630
Selling Price: $53,020.xx (includes the $2k dealer cash) — this was initially negotiated as $52,020.00, but dealer applied Costco cash as down payment vs. reducing the selling price.

Monthly Payment: $576.00 tax in
**Cash Due at Signing: $8,750 (Includes $2,750 down for inceptions & first month + $6,000 for max MSDs) + dealer used the $1,000 Costco cash as additional money down, so the contract reads as $9,750 DAS

• MSD: $6,000 (10)
  • Fees: $2,750 DAS for inceptions (including $899 dealer fee & first month)
  • Taxes: 7%
    Incentives: $2k dealer cash + $1k Costco

**Months:**36
Annual Mileage: 15,000
MF: .00098 (after MSDs)
Residual: 58%

Region: Southeast

Leasehackr Score: 8.9 years

Happy with the decision on the car and seems to be a pretty good deal for South Florida since other dealers in the tri-county area wouldn’t/couldn’t beat it, and it was for 15k miles/year.

Dealership also had the front windows tinted this week, so that is better than going out of pocket for something I would have done anyway.

Thank you everyone for the help!

EDIT: Received a $175.40 check back from the dealer for an overpayment of registration fees. That reduced the DAS money down to $2,574.60 + MSDs.

Update: Just got a $175.40 check from the dealership for an overpayment of registration, so that was a nice surprise.