2019 X3 Lease payment deal or no deal?

I have been trying to calc it, what I was able to come up with literally just now is that if I take the TOTAL car payment which includes tax. $699.62 * 0.08625 (NYS Tax rate) it = 2,172.32 (which is on the document. What doesnt make sense is that the payment tax is already in it which calculates the total tax…when multipling the tax rate…? To me it makes no sense, when i buy something then i add tax, if I have tax on something and then multiply something with tax on it… it will be MORE…!? So weird.

I’m glad I attached a copy of the screen shot above, I really thought it was me…numbers don’t lie but the way they have it setup is kinda weird and what has me kinda confused.

I think I’m just going to wait until December programs officially come out and see how the numbers change. I really don’t feel good about the deal and don’t know exactly what’s throwing it off and since it appears to be a play on sales price from 9.5% off msrp , down to 6.8%off Msrp after rebate, cap cost an tax etc.

I also am not understanding why on my drive off they are adding the rebate only to subtract it which effectively makes it a wash and not a deduction. Ugh!

that’s the right call.

the dealership is playing games with that $1,500 amount. The capital reduction line means that you’re going to pay $1500 and than they remove the same amount via rebate. effectively making it $0.

For the capitalized cost of 53,077.20. Your payment should be around 625-650 a month.

Thanks BMWbro just curious how’d you get to the $625/650 calculation from the 53k cap cost reduction. Can you let me know how you calculated that…I wanna go to them with some backup.

Have you tried using the calculator here?

I have a deal on the table now…same car and specs expect mine is a little more fully loaded and comes down to around $57500.

The monthly for me is around 750 a month and I know the dealer has a little bit more room in this.

Just tell them to stop monkeying around the 1500 cap reduction. They should remove that line item and keep the rebate and that’ll get you to the range i mentioned.

Awesome… thank you. Okay sounds good. (BMWbro)

I tried the calculator and I keep getting $690 at my 51k sale price or I get $741 at the 53k cap cost that was why I was asking. (Maxg)

Share a link of your calculation please

BMWbro- I had the same initial setup you had 57,500, they quoted me $745 so then I took away spare saver, wireless,and vented seats just an FYI what they quoted me initially too was $735 for my updated setup…we then hit an impass at the $699 offer once I got the specs.

This was the best deal I was able to find at the moment.

2019 X3
Custom Order
MSRP
Agreed Sale Price
Plus Acq
50,405 after rebate (1,500)
Resd 59%
MF .00182
Payment before tax 621
Payment with NYS tax 8.625% and acq fee rolled in
$682

Drive off is 916 + DMV

Thoughts?

Hi…I just test drove the X3 M 40i. Is this what your numbers are based on?

I will keep you posted as well.

Thanks