2019 VW Jetta Questions

Hello everyone! I’m trying to work out a deal on a 2019 VW Jetta SEL. I test drove it last night and really enjoyed it! The unit I’m targeting has been on the lot for over 100 days according to CarGurus.

I’ve been trying to use the calculator here, but I don’t know if I’m doing it right as far as the incentives are concerned. Should I be entering the $1000 VW incentive and the $500 recent college graduate as taxed or untaxed incentives? Also, if I’m rolling over an amount from my current lease, am I correct to just add that back into the sale price?

Does anyone have experience leasing these in the northeast recently? It looks like dealers near me are listing these cars at about 12% off before the $1000 VW incentive and college grad—there seems to be plenty of inventory. How much more can I expect off? CarGurus seems to indicate that about 16% off MSRP is a “great” price.

Thank you in advance!

So, I’m being told that the advertised prices are only available for purchases. The offers that I’m getting from dealerships are about $1700 off in addition to the $1000 rebate from VW and the $500 college grad.

Now, this is my first attempt at a hack and I’m feeling sort of stuck. I’ve read threads from pretty recently that about 15% was a decent deal on these cars, but I can’t even get them to talk more than 6-7%. I don’t feel like I’m chasing a unicorn, but I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Do I need to email sales managers directly instead of sending inquiries and working with those salespeople?

Any advice would be great.

They discount S trims up-to 5K in TX. I think you should shop around.
Also, have you read about transmission grinding on new Jetta’s? I suggest you to read/watch videos.

Thank you! I hadn’t read or heard about that. I didn’t experience that on the test drive, but I’ll look into it!

I spoke with a salesman tonight who tried to explain to me how it works to roll over a lease—he wasn’t very clear. He quoted me at $23493 on an MSRP of $25925 allegedly with the rollover. This was on the phone so I struggled to write everything down, but the monthly was $360/mo with zero DAS and $330 with $1000.

After some considering I’ve set my view a bit lower to the SE trim. I think I’m more likely to find something in my price point. With that having been said, here’s a quote that I received on the exact SE model that I want:

MSRP 23370.00
Selling price 21800.00 (6.7% off)
College grad 500.00
Partner Program 500.00
VW Rebate 1000.00
MF .00150
61% residual
36/10k miles per year

Monthly payment of $347.00 with first month payment down and rolling over the $2884.00 in remaining payments.

If I add the $2884 to the sales price in the LH calculator, I come out with $349/mo, so I’m good with his calculation.

Do you think that I can do better than the 6% discount (before rollover and incentives)? TrueCar says invoice is $22,314, market average on a lease is $21,517 and a great price is $20,885 before incentives. I spoke with 3 dealers in my area yesterday and they were not very flexible. The dealer I mentioned previously seems to have knocked about 9% off before incentives.

I’m also learning more about this transmission issue—it sounds really widespread. I don’t know if VW will be able to ignore it much longer.

Thanks!

Stop! That is beyond horrendous! Where are you? In California you can get an SEL Premium for less than this insanely terrible proposal.

For reference of how bad this is: last month you could probably lease an Audi A4 Premium for not much more than this (not this month, though, the MF doubled). I lease a $44,000 Audi A4 Premium Plus for $411/month ($400/month when you consider there was no first month payment). Run away, and honestly I just wouldn’t bother with this dealer.

ETA: Never mind! I didn’t notice you were rolling over lease payments. Is there a reason you need to get out fast? It’s usually just a bad idea financially.

Are you over miles on your current lease? If not you should wait.

Thank you for your reply! Just for clarification, this deal is with $2884 in remaining payments rolled over. The without the rolled-over payments, the calculator shows a monthly payment of $255.

I’m located near Buffalo, NY.

I believe that there should be more discount here, but I just don’t know how much to shoot for.

I’m about 1000 miles away from the limit on my lease. From my estimates, that could probably take me through December, but after that I’ll run out of miles.

At what point would you recommend looking to pull the trigger? This is a precarious spot that I’m in and I’m also trying to reduce my monthly expenses a bit. At $320/month with the Jetta, I’d be saving myself $150 between lower lease payment, lower insurance and better gas figures.

Yeah didn’t notice that! $255 sounds decent. I think there should be more room for the discount. I’d still consider waiting out my lease. How many months left? What kind of car is it? There might be pull-ahead on your brand.

Hey,

I just leased the Jetta 2019 SE last month for about $235 and $1000 drive off. I think a better deal can be had. I also had about $1100 left on my current Jetta lease. This was in NYC. Just a reference point for you. I personally like the SE trim but if you love your music stay away! The speakers on the SE are atrocious, but they still manage to pack bunch of other features into an affordable package.

Happy shopping !

I really appreciate your response! Was this on a 36 month lease? Could you PM me with the numbers (MF, sale price, MSRP, dealer, etc.) for that deal? I wouldn’t mind taking a drive down to the city if I had to!

If I could grab the SE for $300/mo with the rollover, I would probably go for it.

I have until May of ‘19, only a little more than 1000 miles left on my Q50. At this point, I would prefer a Jetta over another Q50, and the Infiniti doesn’t lease as well around here as it does elsewhere.

Man that’s an expensive Civic, if you’re comfortable with the deal now and your monthly cash flow is increasing I don’t see the need to wait. As far a model’s I think the SE is the sweet spot payment/equipment wise. For a couple thousand more it’s allot more equipment than the S plus I think the residual is one point higher. If you like manual trans and you want to be cheap you could go with the S. Also look into the partner program, basically another $500 off.

Infiniti has 3 month pull ahead and they cover $500 in wear and excess mileage (I think, double check that!) and they have loyalty bonuses. You can get into another Infiniti lease in February. The QX30 leases well. I’d wait it out.

What do you guys think of this offer I received for a lease in GA?
12k miles
$2k down
$293/mo

36/12k

way too much. i got my mom in a base jetta .

36/10
$189 monthly with first month down. with maintenance included.

theres definitely more room.

Not enough detail, model msrp etc

Sorry, 2019 Jetta Sel Premium. MSRP $28,160

36 months

Need selling price, MF, does that include tax? Get all the numbers and compare with edmunds. I’d also compare the discounts with this sheet, i know it’s for California but the discounts can give you a base line. Also see if you qualify for the VW partner program through your employer and ask them to price it out as such, you can always sign up with USA cycling and get the discount that way.