2019 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design Warranty

Hi,

I had signed in 2019 Volvo XC90 T6 R-design 3months ago.

When I sign in, I also registered a warranty that covers scratch, tire, wheel, and brake pads. It covers pretty much all. So, my monthly lease payment increased $29 more. ( Back then, I had no idea whether I can negotiate the warranty amount or not.)

I had requested several times for getting a document that shows what the warranty covers. (still, didn’t get it) I know that I am going to pay $0 when I return the car, but I wanted to get it as proof.

Recently, I am getting some calls and texts from the dealer that since I had opted not to purchase Road Hazard/Tire & Wheel coverage, you need to register this for protecting yourself again the large cost to repair/replace your wheels/tires.

This doesn’t make sense to me. Anyone of you who leased Volvo cars had received a document that shows your warranty coverage?

I’ve been trying to call the dealership, but I couldn’t talk to the right person. So, I am waiting now.

If the salesperson who sold the car to me made mistakes or cheating me, should I contact a lawyer for resolving this issue?

I’d start by going through your contract to see what you actually paid for.

I never received a call/text/email after leasing my volvo about having to register for road hazard/tire & wheel, so that’s odd.

Which dealership did you lease from?

Sounds like two different plans.

Road hazard

Vs

Waiver of excess wear and charges at lease end.

2 Likes

I got the excess wear and tear negotiated for $600 (maybe it was $699)… and it came with a 2 page contract explaining what is covered