2019 Volvo XC90 T5 AWD & T6 Lease Offer

If you are talking about Volvo, their RVs/MFs are national, incentives are regional.

Even smaller markets within regions have their own incentives and sometimes even parts of markets have different programs from other parts.

Sometimes XC60s or XC90s are shipped from one market to another. Over supplies have been shipped from the Northeast to the west.

Spending 5 minutes talking to a good broker gives the OP more options and information, and the broker a potential customer. Not everyone is going to be able to get a great deal, due to any number of reasons. Exploring one option doesn’t preclude them from investigating others.

@bworths - to check incentives, go to the Volvo website and “Build & Price” a car > summary > payment estimator > zip code > any miles. Look around. Probably the best you’ll find is a $1,500 incentive on a T5 AWD and $3,000 on a T6 in MD.

Go to Edmunds Volvo forum to get this:
T5 AWD - 24/12 70%, 30/12 68%, 36/12 62%, 39/12 61% all MF 0.00209
T6 - 24/12 67%, 30/12 64%, 36/12 58% 39/12 58% all MF 0.00155

Play around with the calculator. I used the MSRPs of the XC90s in your first post and took off 8% (Ursus would recommend 10% - I’d say maybe, but don’t count on it). I used the $399 doc fee you had- it will vary from dealer to dealer. Change the tax rate to your rate at home. If you’ve got the money, play with up to 10 MSDs- it’s a good deal.

What you’ll see is with the bigger incentive on the T6 you get a nicer car for a lower payment than with the T5 AWD. Also, 30 months is well worth considering for a slightly higher payment. You’ll be less likely to spend money replacing tires or brakes if you put 30,000 miles on the car than you will if you put 36-39,000 miles on it.

You should be able to change the numbers in the links to see what happens. You should be able to deduct the 1st month’s payment from the Drive-Off.

1 Like

Yep. You ask for 8% - you get 8%. You ask for 10% - you may get anything in between 8-10%. Makes sense, no? There is a dealer here from MD who gave 8.63% to one of the users. Whether it is the best he can do is another question :grin:

I agree with that. I was just putting a realistic number in there for payment expectations. I don’t know the market out there. She can ask for 10% (or more), but the more ridiculous the offer, the more the dealer will sense a buyer who doesn’t know the market. A lot of dealers may take an 8% minus incentive offer and laugh at that, too.

10% is not ridiculous, just asking for invoice plus holdback. But some dealers may laugh at this also, sure. Especially on XC60/90

No, not ridiculous, but 10% is pushing it really hard, ridiculous to some dealers on a 2019 XC90.

Profit from MSRP to invoice is roughly 6% (more profit in port installed options) minus advertising, which is usually around $500 but can range from $0-750, making the average margin to invoice around 5%. Holdback is 3%, and more is there for training completion and sales satisfaction scores. Going 10% doesn’t leave much on the bone from a dealer’s point of view, especially if a customer is asking for the buy rate on the money factor and no markup on the acquisition fee. A deal is where both parties find agreement.

On a 2019 XC90 with an MSRP of $60,000, the invoice is around $57,000. $3,000 below that would be considered ridiculous in the west. $55,000 - $55,500 is the normal range of the pain threshold on a car like that.

You are replacing tire and brakes by 30k on an XC90 either way. Look at the forums, it’s very common for the brakes to go even before 25k. Also replaced tires at 22k cause they were almost shot and wanted them done before winter.

Depends on how you drive and what kind of driving you do. 22k for tires is on the low side if you keep them properly inflated and rotated.

Pull ahead option much more likely to help avoid these expenses on a quicker lease. Rear pads go first for $300-350.

The tires were rotated and we did replace earlier than later cause of winter. The rears def go first and we tend to drive that car relatively fast and when we are in traffic it’s always stop and go so the brakes weren’t that big of a surprise.

Still won’t stop us from continuing to drive them. They’re very solid cars.

Braking is a top cause for tire wear.

Did you try googling it instead?