2019 Volvo XC90 Lease Deal - Thoughts

Hello, looking for advice on a worksheet received from a dealer for a 2019 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design. Numbers received:

**MSRP: $68,075
**Monthly Payment: $535.65 (includes Tax)
**Cash Due at Signing: $2,182.00 (1st payment, acquisition fee, DMV, etc.)
**MSD: $5,500 (Max 10 MSDs)
**Incentives: $4,000 Volvo Allowance + $1,000 Lease Bonus

**Months: 36
**Annual Mileage: 10,000
**MF: .00115 before MSDs (believe its 0.00065 after 10 MSDs)
**Residual: 60%

I will pull ahead 5 months on a Volvo S90, cannot combine with loyalty. Thoughts?

Appreciate your comments, as I am looking to move forward. Seems like a great deal.

Thank you.

1 Like

This deal looks pretty solid… but do you need to do MSDs for this deal? What would the numbers look like without MSDs? I feel like you’re only saving 20 or 30 a month by tying up 5k for 3 years.

Other that, this is a pretty good deal. Low MF, solid dealer discount, and good RV.

Agreed, looks like a solid deal. If you’ve gone through and double checked against Edmunds and recent Volvo XC90 deals, I think you’re in pretty good shape.

R Design was the most incentivized of the range last month, so you’re in good shape there. All the incentives are on Edmunds.

WHY CAN’T YOU COMBINE WITH LOYALTY? I just pulled ahead two Volvos, each with one month left, and I got loyalty on them both. $2,000 in loyalty one of them, in fact. May be worth looking into.

But, not necessary. Looks good on the fundamentals of the deal, I’d be surprised if you can push it further. Worth checking, though.

Yes you can. Did that in January.

Running the numbers, full MSDs save about 50 dollars a month.

Interesting, I’ve been told by more than one dealer that pull ahead and loyalty cannot be combined. I’ll double check, but don’t see how I can push this deal much more.

MF and incentives I inquired through Edmunds and match. Thanks for the comments.

Thanks for the comment, I’ll look into it. Will see how much more, if any, I can get. No other dealer will even come close to match. I know the vehicle has been at the dealer for more than 100 days.

Because you had 2 targeted “loyalties” - 2k on XC60 to XC60 (not really a loyalty) and the 2.5k loyalty was allowed with pull ahead on S60 only.
Same for @pony_trekker - loyalty on S60 only was allowed with pull ahead.

That is correct, you cannot have it on XC90.

That’s not what the post card I got said. It was a pull ahead on an XC70 to get a new XC60 or XC90. I had to talk them into an S60 when it 1st came out. It was $1500 though.

Thanks for that information @Ursus. You seemed well versed on Volvo’s thoughts on deal? Thanks again.

Do you mind saying which dealership you got this deal. I would be interested in similar

Looks good, I think.

Picked it up yesterday.

Final numbers:

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: [2019 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design AWD]

MSRP: $68,075
Selling Price: $55,724 (Includes $4,000 Volvo Allowance + $1,000 Lease Bonus); No loyalty, cannot combine with pull ahead on 2017 S90 T6 Momemtum

Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000

MF: 0.00115 (0.00065 after 10 MSDs)
Residual: 60%

Security Deposit: $5,500
Total Due At Signing: $2,182 (1st month, registration fees, taxes on incentives, $995 acquisition fee, etc.)
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $535.00

Zip Code: 33134
Sales Tax Rate: 7%

Thanks for all the inputs!

8 Likes

Smoking deal. Beautiful car, too.

Well done! Seeing this, my wife now wants an RDesign.

If we pull ahead from an XC90 Mom to this, can she combine loyalty? If I could slash 5-6k with current incentives, I’d probably just sign and drive. For whatever it’s worth, we’re in northern Virginia (damn upfront taxes)

You can’t have loyalty with pull ahead on XC90. VA tax is not upfront - you can roll it in. But it is on the full sale price.

Well boo. Sorry, I did not mean I have to “pay it” upfront, but it’s taxed on the full price upfront. I’d much prefer to only pay taxes on the monthly (or not at all!). It seems like every calculation jumps up $50/mth when I click the upfront tax radio button.

Don’t forget the property tax, that’s the real boo

That’s the one nice thing on my S90 that I got a few years ago (thanks to a deal you posted on here!). That 51% residual helps me stomach to pp taxes.

Property taxes have nothing to do with Volvo set RV :slightly_smiling_face:
But it helps a lot that Volvos drop their value better than any other competitor.
I pay slightly more on my Forester than on the same age S60 with 7k higher sticker.