2019 Volvo S60 T6 R-design loaner negotiation

Hello. I would appreciate some thoughts on this deal.
MSRP: $57,XXX
Selling Price: $44,XXX (21% off)
Terms: 36/15
MF: .00077 (w No MSD’s currently)
Residual: .52685 - per dealer lower then new as this has 3,750 loaner miles on it
DAS: $1,000
Monthly: $489 per the dealer, I get slightly different

They are not budging on the price. I would prefer something w out the upgraded audio to bring the MSRP down, so might have to be patient on another loaner. Thanks for the input!

Much easier to evaluate the deal if you can separate out the incentives and the pre-incentive dealer discount since incentives vary by where you’re at.

Thanks. The dealer did share their calculation but it’s does not explicitly show the breakout of the various incentives, other then -$4K front end profit and 0 dealer cash.image|666x500

Head over to volvo’s website and build the car. On the summary page, there’s a “payment estimator” button. If you click that and input your zip code, it’ll tell you all the incentives in your region.

Thank you, that’s super helpful. Looks like $4K in bonus cash on S60’s and $750 S60 lease bonus dealer cash, so total $4,750 in incentives. There are loyalty and military options but I don’t qualify for either of those.

Can you be more specific on the MSRP and selling price?

There’s a big difference here between an MSRP of 57,999 and a selling price of $44,000 and an MSRP of $57,000 with a selling price of $44,999.

16% vs 13% dealer discount difference. One is pretty close to a good deal and one has a lot of room for improvement.

A 21% pre-incentive discount looks like it works out a bit closer to a $44,999/$57000 deal, which isn’t particularly favorable.

Looks like you are actually getting closer to a 16% dealer discount before rebates. Usually on a loaner people here push for 18%+ off before rebates. that translates to about another $1100-$1200 off.

Also not sure where you are located but I thought one of the brokers in the northeast was listing brand new S60 R-Designs for about that monthly.

For price comparisons

Thanks.You are correct, there were some blowouts happening in Boston earlier, but I could not get there to sign and ship/drive back.

I will keep trying.

Yes, I attempted to upload the dealers calc in my previous post, which should show.
$57,055 as the MSRP and $44,847 as the gross cap cost (43,852 + 995 destination). Thanks

That puts you at 13.1% dealer discount before incentives. I’d be trying for another $1500-2k off at least.

There are new deals for July in the @Bostoncarconcierge spreadsheet. There is a new S60 R with a comparable MSRP on there. You should reach out and see what he can do on that car with 15k miles.

1 Like

Thanks will do. Only issue is difficult for me to get to Boston to sign and drive/ship back

I think you don’t need to sign in person for those, correct, @Bostoncarconcierge?

1 Like

I believe they can overnight paper to sign, then ship the car down

1 Like

Yeh! You guys are good

You guys are great! So here is summary of my options, both of which appear to have the same packages, trying to do an apples to apples:
Michigan loaner: $57K MSRP, 36/15, $1K down, $490/mo

Boston new: $57K MSRP 36/15, $2.5K down + $399 broker fee + $500 shipping (estimate) = $3,399 total down, payment on 15K miles is 460+ tax = 488/mo

Maybe I am missing something and I don’t doubt that @Bostoncarconcierge deal is great for new, but out of pocket the loaner looks better even if it is recognized to be a ho hum deal.

Your deal is solid! My R design crazy deal is spoken for :slight_smile:

First of all, you should get the terminology correct. :wink: $2,000 is not a down payment (well maybe it is on the loaner), but there’s a difference between “down payment” and “DAS (due at signing).” Those amounts are ones that are not capped/residualized in the original price, but rather are the doc fee, acq fee, tags, taxes, etc. Any deal where you put money down is not a good idea. You can pay the drive-offs up front or roll them in, and that may be a difference vs. a down payment plus drive-offs. It could easily be that and the dealer isn’t disclosing.

Evaluate the difference between the doc fees, if color is important to you, things like that.