2019 Volt Lease Transfer – $277/month, 12 months remaining

Hello! I’m hoping to find someone who wants to take over my lease – this is my first time doing this so hopefully I’m getting the details right. Feedback welcome :slight_smile:

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2019 Chevrolet Volt, LT (Black)

MSRP: $33,520
Monthly payment (pre-tax): $276.80 (pretty sure this includes tax)
Effective monthly payment (if incentive is provided): $276.80

Current mileage: 23,000
Maturity mileage: 30,000
Effective miles per month: 583.3
Maturity date: November 2021

MSD due (if any): N/A
Cash due (if any): N/A
Incentive for new lessee (if any): N/A

Financial institution: GM Financial
Transfer fee: $625
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): No

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details:

The car is in quite good condition, and I love driving it. Under normal circumstances I wouldn’t dream of transfering my lease, but I recently moved to Tahoe and realized that my awesome car doesn’t handle the snow well at at all (need to switch to a 4WD with higher clearance).

Photos: Will add some tomorrow!

1 Like

I’d check with GMF on the transferability of this. Usually you cannot transfer GMF leases in the first 6 months or the last 12 months.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, but it looks like everything is in the clear! I spoke to GM financial this morning and they said that there are no restrictions on the timing of the transfer. They also said that the transfer doesn’t even have to be in the state of California, which surprised me.

1 Like

Really? If thats true then they must have made some drastic changes to the transfer process. This is the most up to date information on their website:

4 Likes

Mileage is a little low and you may need to offer an incentive to move it here. I’d suggest swapalease but that’s still going to cost you about $150. Depends on how fast you want to get rid of this… good luck!

1 Like

I called GM again and the person I spoke to the first time had no idea what they were talking about. Thanks for the pointer!

General update: I bought top of the line snow tires for my Volt and it’s performing decently well in the snow, so getting rid of it is no longer a super high priority. If someone is really interested though, we can still talk. Thanks for all the comments!

So what is the correct information then? If the 12 month limit is accurate then you won’t be able to transfer this now.