2019 Volkswagen Atlas SEL

Hey All,

Been trying to work a deal on a VW Atlas SEL. Went to two different dealers so far and the best deal I got was for 521 on 12K Miles. Below is a breakdown of the number if I remember them correctly.

MSRP: 45000
Price: 41190
MF: .00145
Residual: 56%
Taxes+ Fees: 3000
MSD (10): 5250

Monthly Payment: 521

I feel like I should be able to get the car under 500 easy being it is only a 45K car. I have seen better deals worked out with BMW and Benz.

Can anyone chime in and give me some tips on how I can approach this with the next dealer?

Regards,
Kevan

If you have better deals worked out with other makes, why not go with those?

Not every car will follow the 1 percent rule. 521 for an SEL Atlas actually is not terrible considering they do not lease well at all and are in demand.

You can ask for 500 or 1k more off, but I doubt they’ll let it go for that. Are there any incentives you qualify for?

2 Likes

All I see is a $1000 Drive-to-Decide bonus. Other than that, it’s whatever you can get off the MSRP from the dealer. I don’t think VW is having any problems moving the Atlas. It’s a beautiful SUV. Lexus is offering $6000 incentive on the RX350L and Acura is offering around $3000 on the MDX so you’ll get much better deals there. Of course, the QX60 leases really well too.

If you really want the Atlas, you’re going to have to pay. Otherwise, you have the three Japanese premium 3-row SUVs which are all a bargain right now.

Lexus on the West Coast only offers $1000 lease cash for 2019 models. No lease offers for 2018 on Lexus website, only finance cash of $200 for 350RXL 2 wheel drive. Other $500 to $1000 for finance.

My apologies, I don’t have any deals worked out with other manufacturers, just have seen / read about better deals. I really did like the Atlas from its offerings and specifically the roominess inside. I already test drove the QX60 but I’m on my 6th Nissan and ready for a change. I also enjoyed the Highlander Limited but had a terrible experience at one dealer which really just put me off. Also, what ticked me off about the Highlander was that on a limited it came with Halogen headlights, like really? I know that sounds silly but it just annoyed me lol. My local VW dealer is advertising a 2019 Atlas SEL at 42K on their website, so I should ideally have no problem negotiating that down to something like 39K right? Considering the one I priced out online came out to 44,190 MSRP, I don’t think 39K is unreasonable. That would be roughly 14% off MSRP. Also the MF on it is currently at .00229, which is high. I am ok with doing MSDs which I know VW does, but I haven’t said anything about it to the dealership I am currently working with. I want the best possible deal before I mention that. Any other tips I could use before moving forward?

I need a third row, and from the ones I have driven, the Atlas’ cabin had the most roominess. Even with the second bench, getting in and out of the 3rd was a breeze. Comparing it to the Highlander and QX60, the Atlas definitely has the best cabin space / cargo space.

Have you looked at the traverse? I believe it’s even roomier than the atlas. I do think the atlas exterior is nicer than the traverse, but the interiors are comparable.

1 Like

Traverse wasn’t really on my list. Only other options that I am entertaining are the Subaru Ascent and the Ford Explorer. Not really keen on Chevy or Ford to be honest.

I guess it really depends what you are looking for. The explorer is old and about to be replaced. It’s also smaller than the atlas and has lower safety ratings. Ford’s generally don’t least well either, but it’s possible Ford is looking to clear out explorers as they are nearing the end of the cycle.

The atlas, ascent and traverse are the new kids on the block and are all very well rated and regarded. I didn’t test drive the ascent, as i don’t like the idea of a 4 cylinder engine pushing such a large car, but the traverse and atlas were both excellent. The atlas is generally regarded as best in class, and I can’t disagree. End of the day, I went a different route because the atlas doesn’t lease well and I couldn’t find a deal on a traverse optioned exactly how I wanted.

Did you go to the minivan route? Because I refuse a minivan, lol.

I have the same gripe with the Ascent. 2.0T just doesn’t sound enticing.

I’m going to work with a few dealers, let’s see what happens.

lol no way, never a minivan.

I was looking at the Atlas as well and really liked the Premium. MSRP was about $51k-$52k and the lowest quote I could get was about $600 a month with close to $3k down. I checked with 3-5 dealers in the tristate area. I could probably get it a little lower if I negotiated but like others mentioned, the MDX, QX60 were all going for $500 or less with equal or less money down.

PS. I ended up getting the BMW X5 outgoing model - made the wife happy.

As much as I would love the X5, the no 3rd row is a killer for me. I am looking at the Atlas SEL. The premium I knew is going to be out of my range from the beginning.

Man, for those monthly payments you could have swung for an SQ5.

I was quoted the same payment/terms on a $50k atlas that Audi quoted me on a 63k Q7.

Suffice to say, I took the Q7.

I would have taken the atlas @ $500/month with minimal drive off.

My goal is to get them under $500 prior to any MSDs. Am I crazy asking 39K for a vehicle advertised at 42K?

Not crazy, up to them to accept it though.

What is money factor on 2019 Atlas SE tech AWD & SEL AWD. 36 Months/12k miles per year. Southern Florida. Thanks

Check the edmunds forums.

So i just got an offer $565 per month taxes included on an Atlas SEL Rline 4motion
48 months
1500 upfront
1800 negative equity from current lease
I dont have the restnof the details but this is what they called me to offer me. I am in Florida. Im guessing this is good.