2019 Mercedes E300 loaner - help plz

Visited a Mercedes dealer today who seemed to have an aggressive deal on a loaner E300 2019. MSRP is $64,910, and their initial selling price was $48,554 which included a $3,000 dealer discount. I had a fleet incentive for $3,500 so they made the selling price $48,054. So pre-incentive it’s ~20.6% off MSRP, which is pretty good for their first offer and something I wanted to negotiate but then I came across other issues. I saw on Edmunds that MF was 0.00068 for 36/12, but they marked it up to 0.00097. When I brought that up and mentioned that I also want to put 10 MSDs down, they said the new MF with the MSDs is 0.00068. I asked why they aren’t using the base MF, and the finance manager extremely rudely was like “I deal with the bank every day all the time, .00097 is the base MF.” And then when I asked how much each MSD brings down the MF, she said that it’s up to her discretion, it can be 0.00001 or more. I was under the impression that it was 0.00007 for each MSD. Regardless, she was so condescending and probably lying and I was shocked by the rudeness. Am I wrong here or was she just trying to make money off of me given the aggressive MSRP discount? Also this is the leasehackr link which comes pretty close to the numbers they were giving me (zero drive off on leasehackr vs the first payment due on signing on the worksheet).

Correct but I would still say that you need to reframe the mindset. If you got 18% at base MF vs 20% at marked-up MF, and the monthly payment comes out to be the same, does it make any difference how the deal is structured? Its useful to understand the moving parts of a lease but at the end, its the monthly payment.
The red flag to me was the part where she says its upto her descrtion about the MSD MF reduction. Shop around if you want if you really want this deal, it overall looks decent. The RV isn’t the greatest, which makes Merc not that attractive leases.

1 Like

She doesn’t get to decide how much each MSD takes off, however, she may try to up the mf further so the post MF looks like she decided how much each MSD gives.

They also are up charging the acquisition to $1,095 when its $795

I see $1095 more often than $795 . Dealer is making that 300 profit for sure.

What state are you in? Some states is almost impossible to get base MF. Most Mercedes dealers will also charge the max acquisition fee so that’s pretty standard. Given the aggressive discount I would pull the trigger on this deal.

Illinois. Honestly I only considered this car bc of the aggressive discount. I don’t wanna pay more than $475 a month and base MF would’ve gotten me there. Oh well, C class it is then.

How much does each MSD take off? 0.00007?

I don’t see this applied anywhere. If you take your $48k sales price and apply the $3,500 incentive it becomes a much better deal.

There is $3k dealer cash, and $500 from fleet, total $3500

Besides the MF, everything seems legit. You just have to push harder on it, or go to another dealer. Luckily the dealer I went to, had no idea what MSD’s were (had to call MBFS) so they couldn’t mess around with the money factor after.

You may want to try 24/12k, with large discount it could be cheaper (not sure at this moment, but when I got my E300, the 24 months was way cheaper than 36)

Also, bring this quote to shop around, ask other local dealer if they can match the discount (pre-incentives, “percentage”) + with buy rate

Doesn’t look like it will with the current numbers, 54% for 36 mo vs 60% for 24 mo doesn’t tip the scale in the 24 mo favor.

I misunderstood. I thought it was a $3500 fleet incentive.

It’s weird. Yes, the fleet incentive is $3500 and yes there’s $3000 dealer cash. But it doesn’t seem like any dealer will honor the full $6500, because “we’re not supposed to know about the manufacturer-to-dealer incentive”. Most will just give an extra $500

EDIT: Dealer cash and MB fleet incentives do not stack.

Update, I just got a call from them. They readjusted the MF to 0.00021 to make monthly $489. It’s such a steal but also not within budget :(((

Then why did you look the car in the first place if you knew it was out of your budget? Were you looking for 30% discount?

1 Like

Just cause? I was curious to see where this would end up. With base money factor it would come down to $465 and I was hoping I could negotiate $15-20 off per month by getting a slightly higher MSRP discount which so far has remained unchanged.

Uh they agreed to $450 a month