2019 Mercedes C300 Lease End Equity

Hi all,

It’s been a while but wanted to get some input. The lease on my 2019 Mercedes C300 is ending soon and I’m planning to either: (1) sell to a dealer/third-party to capture any equity, or (2) simply return the car and pay the $595 disposition fee. The car is in good shape - light wear and tear, approx. 20K out of 30K permitted miles, and I’ve completed 2 out of the 3 years of prepaid maintenance. Residual value identified in the Lease Agreement is approx. $26K.

I’ve poked around on the forum and have a basic understanding of the process for option (1) above, i.e., request a payoff quote from MBFS online, get quotes from local dealers and online sites (CarMax, Autonation, etc.), and then go with the highest bidder (assuming positive equity).

I do have a few specific questions however:

• Is it advisable or necessary to do a pre-inspection with AutoVIN?
  • Is it advisable or necessary to take the car back to the dealer to complete the 3rd prepaid maintenance if I decide to sell to an online site like CarMax?
  • I originally leased the car from a VA dealer. I since moved to GA (Atlanta). I am moving back to VA before lease end. Any advice on whether it is better to sell the C300 in VA or GA? I am flexible so either option is fine for me.

Appreciate all the great advice on this forum!

A post was merged into an existing topic: “Should I buy out my {BMW, Audi, MB} Lease” super thread