2019 Mclaren 720s Lease Transfer $3200/month + tax + $7500 DAS! (380k MSRP)

He’s on a collectors policy. They will underwrite newer special interest cars with limited mileage and restrictive terms. It actually isn’t very expensive to insure if you’re only doing 4k miles/year and not commuting. The policy will typically be very restrictive (IE: Garaging is mandatory), show, exhibition, test/tune only. Some even go so far to say as no unattended public parking.

On something like a Merc S600, you can get a 1,000 mile a year policy for as little as $200-300/year. Odometer readings are mandatory at renewal.

right, i.e haggerty or a similar company, which was just a tad bit less than state farm, though state farm coverage was almost double and allowable mileage was 7.5k/yr before a bump in premiums.

Most of these cars are garaged, unattended public parking is a bit tougher though if you live in or near a large city valet can mitigate that, not like you’re gonna take grocery trips to the store anyway.

Depends on geo location as well, I heard some policies are even restrictive of months driven i.e you can only drive april-october, etc etc.