2019 MB GLS demo - Help a newby!

Hi, I am looking at leasing a 2019 MB GLS exec demo. It has around 6000 miles. I have attached my details. I am based in FL, but the car is being shipped in. Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated. I originally thought it was a good deal until I came here. Now I do not know what to do. I have tried to input the data into the calculator. CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Any advice, coaching, or help would be greatly appreciated.

48 month leases are not it man.
Check this thread out for reference on a good deal (signed recently) 2019 Mercedes GLS 450 Loaner $550/month First Payment Due at Signing (No MSD's!)

Hey what ended up happening here? Did you end up leasing the car? I am looking at leasing a 2019 MB GLS exec demo as well. I have attached my details. I am based in FL, but the car is being shipped in. Based on your numbers, it sounds like my deal may not be that great. Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.

Post a new thread for your deal… also that’s not good. Def don’t put 7500 down

Almost $3k in maintenance? What is there to do on gls in the first 3 years?

Also, $7500 down not in MSDs form isn’t a good idea

Thanks for the feedback, I saw that deal, but not sure how to get it or leverage it. He/she was able to get 28% off MSRP, which is pretty slick. I can’t seem to find a better offer anywhere else. After reading the feedback, I am going to ask to convert the downpayment to max MSDs. Honestly, I also don’t know what the real mf or residual is here.

Also, why do you advise against 48 month? They are offering a lower price on that.

Thanks again in advance for any additional advice, feedback, or coaching!

That deal was done through @AutoCompanion - a broker on this site
I think he has another GLS in stock for similar numbers.
If I were you I’d reach out to him and see if he can put together a deal for you.

As for 48 months- I think it’s too long of a commitment

You’re essentially committing 12 extra months of paying $726.12 a month on a 3 year old car during the 4th year.
754-726= $28
$28 * 36= 1008
726*12= $8712

Commit to spend $8712 to save $1008? Doesn’t make much sense!
I’ve seen cases where sometimes the payment is impacted several hundred dollars (i.e 24 month vs 36 month on BMWs in the current programs)
Doesn’t make much sense in your case. You should be fighting for a much more aggressive deal. Personally I’d just see if leasecompanion has another GLS available.

His deal was 36 months, $550 total due at signing and $550 per month.
You’re putting $7500 total at signing. + paying $754 per month
754-550= 204
204*36=$7344
$7344+6950= $14294 this is what you’re paying extra compared to leasecompanion’s deal
$14294/36= $398 is what you’re paying extra every month compared to the benchmark deal

effective pmt= $948 per month which is pretty terrible for a 2019 imo
hard pass on the deal

1 Like

Thanks a lot M3-Fast, I have reached out to him already and will see if he has that other car available. What is a lease broker? Sorry, for my ignorance–I searched the forums, but could not find an answer.

What do you recommend I say to the dealer tomorrow? How do I get them to improve the deal by $14294?

Thanks again, this has been tremendously helpful!

Brokers basically negotiate deals on behalf of clients (us)
thing is broker move size–they move dozens of units for the dealers they work with, which is why often times they are able to leverage their relationships to score deals which might not be possible for the common man.

also regarding the 48 months think of it this way
$726*48= $34,848 + 7500DAS= $42,348
The total purchase price of the car is 65K, which means you’re only 23K shy of owning the car
$42K spent on an overall 65k car. May as well buy it out at that point?
Given the low interest rates currently that could make more sense if you plan on keeping the car for that long.

I’m not sure how much luck you’re going to have in getting the dealer to match leasecompanion’s numbers. In my experience I’ve generally found dealers unwilling to do so, especially since the car is going to be swapped in. It would certainly be a tedious process emailing all the different dealer’s that have a 2019 GLS in stock to see if they’re willing to match lease companion’s emails.

Also- I see that you’re paying $2660 for maintenance and $1595 for tire and wheel.
While $1595 is a decent rate for T&W, are you sure you need it in FL? The roads there are relatively nice…I guess the only reason i’d get T&W is if the car has massive AMG rims with low profile tires. Many of the times on SUVs, T&W is redundant imo.

Also- not sure what maintenance covers, but for MBs it’s literally just service A & service B which are a complete eyewash. I had an indy do them for like $150 per service…totals to $450 for the life of the lease. If you have a guy that can do the service, probably best to skip the maintenance plan. I’ve never had any issues with lease returns. I think MB is mandated to accept services performed by indys as long as they are ASE certified.

The dealer seems to be pulling out all the tricks. Definitely verify that the MF being used is the base MF, not marked up.

Thanks very much M3-Fast. How do I get in contact with the brokers on this site? Is it through the marketplace? Do you recommend I go through a broker instead? Thanks again for the advice!

Marketplace, if you don’t know what you’re doing or want to as he said leverage their relationships, 1000000% use a broker. It’s effortless you show up and write a check, sign your name, that’s it, just like what my dad does (he complains about the check part).

They charge a fee for their service, sometimes they don’t as they are paid via dealer, but many are not. You’re in FL, consider legally robbing Hennessy Land Rover, they’ve been doing stupid deals recently these past few months.

That’s really a matter of personal preference. I think 36 months is too long.

If the warranty lasts the duration and you’re going to buy a second set of tires anyway there’s really no objective reason to avoid 48 months

It’s easy just click on a deal you like, click the broker’s name and send them a message directly. Probably best to pay the broker fee right away so you’re taken as a serious client.