2019 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring $2000 down | $363 per month | 36/12k

Tried to lease a wagon for past couple month with no success (V90, V60, TourX, JagWag, 640 GT). Also tried to get 340 GT - no result. Nobody even wanted to talk to me about 20% off.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2019 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring
MSRP: $43,985
Monthly Payment: $363 before taxes
Drive-Off Amount: $2000 incl. taxes, registration and some money down
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12000
MF: 0.00079
Residual: 60%
Incentives: 250 (rebate) + 720 (lease support) + first month waived by Mazda
Region: Northern California
Leasehackr Score: NA
Leasehackr Calculator Link: NA

I’m confused with the resulting numbers in contract and with all those cap cost reduction and rent charges it’s tricky to make calc work.
My tax rate is 9.75%
At the end of the day it’s 35 payments of $398 + $2000 DAS = $15930 all in for 3 years
15930/36 months = $442 after taxes per month
or $399 before taxes per month

Not great, not terrible?

Side note: Can’t say I’m super happy with the SUV. But all factors combined and my need of a vehicle that holds 8 foot windsurf/surfing boards with 2-3 people inside the car - I didn’t find any other options that would fit my financial situation and still be even remotely fun to drive.

1 Like

Here I tried to fit numbers to calc - leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Mazda&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=43985&sales_price=39125&months=36&mf=.00079&dp=131&dealer_fee=115&acq_fee=595&taxed_inc=1368&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=60&reg_fee=546&sales_tax=9.75&demo_mileage=0&memo=undefined&acqFee_check=true&monthlyTax_radio=true

Still way off but I have no idea how to properly put first month waiver so I added it to incentives.
Again it’s couple hundred dollars off but more or less shows what I have got.

Seems like a great deal - works out to about $418/month all-in. I got a CX-9 Touring with Premium for $394 all-in (36/12) and the GTs tend to lease about $70/month more than the Touring.

Just curious why you’re not “super happy” with it? My previous was a 2016 MDX and I think the CX9 is more car for less money. Only complaint is that you notice the car’s front wheel drive bias on hard acceleration. Lots of torque steer which the MDX didn’t have. Also, steering wheel is thin and not as grippy as it should be.

Seems like an ok deal to me. I got a touring with premium package for 385 mth with 1200 down. Tax included Ask for more off before incentives. That might help. Or shop the deal with other dealerships.

Yeah you are right there with the good deals. I have a 2017 grand touring that I leased same term and am at 434 a month. Had to work very hard for that deal back in 2017. They are great cars for the price point.

In general CX-9 is good. Negatives are more about SUV rather than CX-9 in particular. It’s holding well on curves, but if you decide to change lane mid-corner - weight is all over the place, it’s becoming too scary. And I know that other SUVs are worse, at least in the segment. I didn’t drove Cayenne or X5 not to get upset.

CX-9 driving position is questionable. While test driving I thought I would eventually find my place there. Not yet. I begin questioning if it’s possible at all as now I realized that it’s very good for short people. And I’m not short. I have long legs. My right knee constantly pushing plastic in front! If I reposition myself - it feels like I will slide off the chair. Of course I wouldn’t but that requires all body muscles to work and as a result - you are tired. I don’t like it unless your are on racing track.

I also went for Grand Touring trim because of memory seats. I couldn’t believe that it doesn’t have mirror memory. Figured it out after purchase.

Obviously neither of those two are showstoppers.
Plus I’m surprised how good package works in general. Engine - perfectly tuned with serious throwback in feelings to turbodiesel, but with 8000 usable RPM instead of 3500.
Chassis tuned really well considering weight. My “weekend” road is CA-17 that has a lot of pleasant open turns - I’m still enjoying it. In 2 tonnes SUV! That’s kind of a big deal.

Anyway, I hope to comeback to wagon life in 3 years with some adequate pricing.

If you’re a chase customer, there’s a $500 certificate available.

Any idea how to get the certificate from chase?

Login into your account, I only have a mortgage with them and got an email. I think you qualify if you have any kind of account, credit card etc

I have checking and got the offer emailed to me. If you don’t receive the offer, there is no way to get it added

I am out of luck then. also have checking and credit card.

Just signed a CX-9 Touring Premium last week. Really love the car, nothing bad to say about it.

$355/mo $1300 DAS 36/10k (Includes CT taxes 6.35%)

1 Like