2019 Jetta SEL Lease Numbers

Congrats, not a bad deal considering no incentives and the lack of urgency from the dealers. What State was this in? And this was a SEL and MSRP was?

Yup, good point and might have her look into it.

Internet manager wrote back with $349.50 on a 12/36 $1400 DAS Jetta SEL, MSRP $26945. :unamused:

VW residuals arenā€™t great and there isnā€™t much lease incentive cash. Combined with a rather small spread between MSRP and invoice and it simply wonā€™t lease particularly well unless the dealer wants to take a loser. The lower trims lease better in part because if their lower price point.

My guess is you could probably buy a $26k SEL for $21-$22+TTL. With tax you could probably finance it for 60 months for the same monthly and own itā€¦

1 Like

Could be time to check out some 4-series

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your input, much appreciated.

VW dealers need to get real on these terrible Jetta lease numbers. $14-15K total 3-year rental cost for a $25-26K MSRP for a soon to be year old car.

The 39-month VW term makes a bad monthly deal even 5-10% worse with the additional payments and dividing by 39 instead of 36 like everyone else in the non-luruxy segment.

Yeah itā€™s a very so so deal lately, itā€™s like they arenā€™t interested in leasing these, like the golf and gti. Lease deal is on the tiguan.

By so-so you mean ā€œawfulā€ :rofl:

2 Likes

sorry for the late response-it was an SEL and i have to check the paperwork but it think the msrp was a little over $26K. the dealership is in brooklyn ny

*Latest offer is now $359 a month with $0 DAS and they will make the first payment on a 12/36 lease for a 2019 Jetta SEL with Cold Weather Package, MSRP is just shy of $27k. Ten minutes ago was $398 and no first payment so getting better but any thoughts to what I can push for?

For $359 a month Iā€™m not leasing a Jetta. Just my $.02 (which is up to $.04 total now since Iā€™ve already said that before). Iā€™m not sure how much lower youā€™ll get it, I just donā€™t think itā€™s a good lease.

Yeah go hack a 4 series, itā€™s $100 more a month than Iā€™d pay for that car, but Iā€™m driving a fairly loaded 320i for $125 less, so Iā€™m biased

Might need to go to Cali to get any kind of deal

LOL. I hope you arenā€™t seriously considering paying $359 a month for a Jetta that isnā€™t even fully loaded.

1 Like

No, not paying anywhere close to that, still trying to get sub $300 but will also start looking at other cars. BMW loaner 3 series sounds like an optionā€¦or hacked 4 series as mentioned above.