2019 Jetta SEL Lease Numbers

currently looking for the same car, any luck?

Not yet, was hoping for some feedback from the forum…I have a feeling August will bring some incentives back so might wait to see what happens. But TrueCar shows some pretty nice discounts so might be able to swing a deal now.

Please let me know! The best quote i’ve gotten was $299/mo with first month DAS 30k miles 3 years but my maturity date isn’t until 8/10 so i might hold out.

That’s good to know and will post any offers I get.

I just went to see the car today. There aren’t any real incentives right now, just got a $1000 discount. The car is really nice, but the manager hinted the 2020 models are just right around the corner so I’d suggest waiting until 2020 models are released and going up for the new car lease, since the 2019 would get a discount then. Its a shame, the sales guy got me $299/mo with 1k down. But nothing much lease worthy in the car though.

1 Like

Using this as a guide, I’d say $4000 off is possible with partner program, assuming the lease cash on an S is the same as a SEL

2 Likes

something I’d like to add is the Jetta drives buttery smooth. I test drove Kia and Mazda today and Jetta was smooth throughout. Curves and pickup, all around its quite nice to drive.

23% off on a purchase not a lease.

Ah, good point.

Agree, and the interior while still containing some cheaper plastics is nice with some good tech.

In terms of getting feedback, it might be helpful if you had some quotes from nearby dealers to see what’s possible in your area. A whole bunch of people on the internet pushing for 23% doesn’t mean much, if your local-area dealers won’t play.

This is what I was quoted yesterday. Zip code is 12180 NY

Is 5% off MSRP the best they can do? I don’t follow Jetta threads very closely, but that seems like a pretty weak discount.

Yeah wait for August on the Jetta unless you can get the SoCal deals

The South Florida dealers weren’t willing to play much ball on the SEL this weekend on a lease. 4K off MSRP which was eaten by the 1K FL Dealer fees. Middle of July, lots full, showrooms empty and 2020’s coming… Pass

Target lease was $260-265 with zero DAS maybe lower as 39 months is what was being quoted here. Best I could get was ~$299 for 39/12 term.

MF is good at ,00001 but the low residual is a killer at 47-48%

1 Like

Got a quote from a Phoenix dealer, was roughly $349 a month on a 39/12 for a '19 Jetta SEL with $1400 down. Pretty ridiculous of course. Will wait to August I guess or see if they come back closers to the end of this month with better numbers.

Wow, that is awful. Over 15K for 39months on a 25K MSRP Jetta

Something isn’t adding up other than dealers hiding fees and numbers as the MF is .00001

My target in FL was $260 OTD with tax on an SEL. Remember with 39months you have to look at total cost and be 5-10% cheaper than a 36month, maybe closer to 5% since the residual is 1-2% lower on 39 vs. 36

I’m going to suggest something that might get me eaten alive, but if you really want a Jetta SEL, have you considered buying it? There are some crazy incentives for purchase right now (e.g. dealers near me advertising 4-5k off on the brand new GLI) and combined with a 6 year/72k mile warranty, you may do better just buying it.

Agree.

The low residual and 6/72 warranty put me first in the buy it camp. Was trying to work the .00001MF and have my cake and eat it too… With teenage drivers in SoFlorida I decided leasing with built in GAP is a must (I saw at least 4 wrecks being cleaned up yesterday on my commute down 95 and on busy side roads in Broward and Palm Beach)

ended up signing for $299/mo for 39 months 10k milers a year with first month and $182 DMV fee DAS. every other dealer i spoke with quoted me in the mid 3’s.

Congrats, not a bad deal considering no incentives and the lack of urgency from the dealers. What State was this in? And this was a SEL and MSRP was?