2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 4x4 DEMO Questions/Help

, ,

Hey guys, need some help/guidance. I have been looking for a Grand Cherokee Altitude 4x4 and found a demo with ~4,900 miles. I emailed the internet sales manager and he has been very easy to work with and very upfront with everything thus far. However, I am stuck as how to further negotiate considering it is a demo unit. Not a whole lot of info out there on Grand Cherokee demos and what to expect. Here is the breakdown of the quote:

MSRP: $43,525
Dealer discount: $3,771
Rebates: $4,500 (standard) + $1,000 (conquest) $5,500
MF: 0.00018
RV: 48% (he initially said 46% due to demo/miles but got it bumped up to 48% which is the normal rate- not really sure how he did that…)
Term: 36/12k
Dealer Fee: $600
Acquisition: looks like it was waived
Sales tax: 7% (FL)
Monthly payment pretax: $427
Monthly payment with tax: $457
Only first month’s payment DAS

A few other things to mention:
I asked him if he could increase the dealer discount considering its only at 8.7% discount before rebates. He replied: “That Altitude has an invoice of $42,462. That’s a markup of 2.5%, which is what Chrysler gives to work with. We have $1,261 of holdback which is 3% of invoice. Add them together and we have exactly 5.5% of TOTAL markup and holdback. That’s it. SO we are selling it quite a bit below those to allow for the demo miles. Almost $1400 which is well below the .25/mile for excess mileage on it.”

Also, I qualify for the National Association of Realtors $500 rebate and a family member in my household has USAA rebate of $500 that is transferable according to the fine print. Does anyone know if these rebates can be combined? I have not mentioned them to him yet as I was still wanting to negotiate the dealer discount before putting this on the table.

Any idea on where I should be aiming price wise/what is realistic? Any help/advice is appreciated! Obviously the dealer discount is where this deal is lacking. These seem to be a difficult vehicle to hack in general, but specifically in North FL (dealer is in AL).

Leasehackr calculator attached: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Jeep&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=43525&sales_price=39754&months=36&mf=.00018&dp=0&dealer_fee=600&acq_fee=0&taxed_inc=5500&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=48&reg_fee=200&sales_tax=7&demo_mileage=0&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&monthlyTax_radio=true

So essentially you want to buy a second hand car that’s been in production since before Christ with 8.5% discount from MSRP? Personally I would expect higher discount on a new unit but I might be wrong. Maybe FL/AL has much higher demand for a 4x4 SUV than WA.

Not necessarily wanting to buy a demo unit, but not opposed either if the price is right. However, I’m having a difficult time finding any new one under $500 a month here. I thought for sure a demo could be had <$400. Not sure why the dealerships around here like their Jeeps so much, but apparently they want to keep them.

Dealer is not giving you much of a discount on the demo Altitude. Perhaps in your market it’s in hot demand? Altitude #s generally don’t have great lease #s. The dealer fee of $600 is pretty much a mark-up or BS fee.

The Conquest of $1000 (April) was only if you had a Ford/Honda in household. I’m assuming it’s the same in May? They used to have Conquest of $500 for non FCA brand in household but omitted that for the Conquest $1000 in April. You should be able to add NAR $500 and USAA $500 but I can’t be definite.

In CA, there’s tons of Altitudes so it’s easy to get 10% off MSRP before rebates. I would still shoot for 10% off MSRP before rebates. If it’s a demo shoot for 11-12% off or maybe some free service after your 2 year NAR oil changes. =)

Thanks for the reply.

I was told that they extended it to the beginning of June, so that’s great for me.

I’m definitely pushing for more of a dealer discount, just wasn’t sure how much to shoot for. I appreciate the tips. I am trying to get some solid quotes on a new Altitude to use that to show that the demo isn’t being discounted enough, but that’s also a challenge here. Perhaps I need to reach out to a broker?

I tried to get a demo in Dec. 18 for a JGC High Altitude but the payments were about the same as a 2018 close out. In the end it didn’t work out and I just got a 2019 JGC HA.

Wow, with your combined rebates, I think you get $7500 total rebates! I thought FCA was stupid for the Conquest. Its either $1000 Conquest if you have Honda/Ford or nothing.

1. Get some #s from new 2019 models
  2. Ask a broker
  3. Negotiate on last day 6/3/19 if demo is still there. Most likely they will want to move it.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Thanks for the great advice! I will definitely do that.

Just strolling by but wow I can’t believe how crazy Grand Cherokee leases have become. I got my 2017 Limited 4x4 fully loaded (MSRP just shy of $50k) for $431/mo thru Ally and it was a sign & drive. 3/12k. All I did was sign paperwork and grab the keys. I do get FCA Employee Pricing, but dang. It’s crazy how expensive they’ve gotten. I got mine in Jan. of 2017 however… so it’s been a while.

1 Like

How does it drive?