Updated: 2019 Jeep Cherokee High Altitude 4x4 Looking for Advice

, ,

Located in Philadelphia - long time lurker and first time poster.

I didn’t get the most detailed breakdown but I’d love some outside opinions. Let’s jump into it!
Updated
Here we go, after a month of hunting - this seems to be the best option I’m getting back on this car (which doesn’t feel like much of a deal).

MSRP: $39,330
Selling Price $36,354

39/12k - $415 month

Rebates:
$4,250 Mid-Atlantic 2019 Bonus Cash
$1,750 Mid-Atlantic Lease Cash
$500 TrueCar
Total Qualifying Rebates: $6,500

USBank
Residual 47% = $18,485.76 (end of lease)
Money Factor: .00132
Gross Capitalized Cost: $37,048.99
Cash Cap Reduction: $769 (money down)
Net Cap Cost: $30,548.76
Acquistion Fee: $695

Doc Fee, License, and Title $269
Tax: 11%, 11% of what?

I’m confused on gross vs net capitalized cost - any explanations? USBank has $3,250 more in rebates, but a 3% higher Money factor, slightly lower residual, and 3 months shorter term than everything I’ve seen from Chrysler Capital.

I feel like there’s room on this car I just don’t know where it to find it.

Those in 4x4 form are 300 w 300 das in New England

1 Like

Hey, I’m willing to travel for that price, or get it shipped, or if you have anything closer. PM me!

You don’t even need me.

Just a standard lease special

https://www.brighamgillmotorcars.com/new-vehicle-special-lease-and-finance-offers-boston-ma.htm

2 Likes

I appreciate the heads up, I’ll give these guys a call and see what they might be able to work out for someone out of state!

Edit: gave them a ring and said the deal isn’t replicable out of state, and he couldn’t even quote outside of the NE for some reason.

1 Like

In philly would you really want a truck that isn’t 4x4 with the snow possibilities?

This past winter we never got more than 2” inches. Snow is heavily overrated by people who can’t drive in my opinion.

This winter wasn’t that bad. But what about the year before. My mustang is rwd so its gonna have more issues but if I was going to get a truck it just seems worth it

I’ve got AWD now, and the girlfriend has a FWD.

I honestly slipped more in the AWD on snow days (I think it might have to do with the AWD wearing down my treads significantly faster).

Even though it’s an SUV, it weighs about the same as my IS300 and most cars are built to evenly displace weight, so as I said I really think the difference isn’t as big as it’s made out to be. That said, I’d prefer the 4x4 and I think the residuals are better regardless.

I’ve been shopping around locally and have gotten back numbers around $365 with $365 down for 42/12k, a little higher for 36/12k.

I haven’t gotten any sort of lease breakdown yet so I feel like there’s more room in the deal - my goal is $350/mo with nothing down - which might just be overreaching a little. I won’t know until I see it all laid out.

When did they start becoming FWD?
I would look into an MDX instead.

Yea mine was $309 a month $309 das in December

Residuals and lease incentives were way better back in November/December.

To the above video - the new MDX is hideous and that’s a Grand Cherokee, not a Cherokee (smaller, lighter car all around)

Giving this a bump, anyone have recent anecdotes or advice on a realistic lower price to aim for?

Chrysler residuals have taken a dive in this vehicle since November/December. Best number I’ve calculated is $342/mo with $342 down but I’m not entirely sure I’ve done this correctly.

For reference… I got a family member a '19 Limited 4x4 with tech, luxury, panoramic roof, better speakers, nav and V6 MSRP $39435 36m/10K for $339 tax (NYS 8%) inclusive with 1st payment DAS.

We had $4K in local incentives though.

when did you sign on this deal? I know timing has been big with this car.

I want to to say January/February

I’ve gotten two quotes this week on $40,xxx Trailhawk Elites for 42 month $450-470/mo all taxes and fees rolled in.

All the models in the area seem to have been on dealer lots for 90+ days. I can see why with those numbers :joy:

I wouldn’t stretch it over 36months though.

Unfortunately that’s what Chrysler is offering it seems like this month. I’m going to try to counter, but every dealer is quoting on 42 months (I’ve gotten numbers from 3).

The one number I got two quotes I’ve seen at 36 so far we’re about $30 more a month.

Here we go, after a month of hunting - this seems to be the best option I’m getting back on this car (which doesn’t feel like much of a deal).

MSRP: $39,330
Selling Price $36,354

39/12k - $415 month

Rebates:
$4,250 Mid-Atlantic 2019 Bonus Cash
$1,750 Mid-Atlantic Lease Cash
$500 TrueCar
Total Qualifying Rebates: $6,500

USBank
Residual 47% = $18,485.76 (end of lease)
Money Factor: .00132
Gross Capitalized Cost: $37,048.99
Cash Cap Reduction: $769 (money down)
Net Cap Cost: $30,548.76
Acquistion Fee: $695

Doc Fee, License, and Title $269
Tax: 11%, 11% of what?

I’m confused on gross vs net capitalized cost - any explanations? USBank has $3,250 more in rebates, but a 3% higher Money factor, slightly lower residual, and 3 months shorter term than everything I’ve seen from Chrysler Capital.

I feel like there’s room on this car I just don’t know where it to find it.