2019 Hyundai Sonata SEL 36/12 $186/mo+tax with $0 DAS

2019 Hyundai Sonata SEL:

MSRP: $ 25,080
Selling Price: $21,218 (over 15% discounted)
Effective Monthly Payment: $186 + tax
Cash Due at Signing: $0 true sign and drive
Incentives: $4,500
Bonusdrive rebate: $500
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12k
MF: 0.00182
Residual: $13,369

Region: Socal
Leasehackr Score 11.3

I am happy with this deal and thank you to all the active members here. This is my second sub 200 lease thanks to all of you! Had to drive almost 2 hours away to get this discount but worth it. Dealers around L.A. couldn’t come close. Also shopped for a Kia Optima LX but this was a better value and not a base model. The base Optima came out to $207+tax. If anyone wants my tips on which dealers played ball and which did not send me a PM I’m happy to share. All in all had to go through about 15 dealers.

update
Also applied for Bonusdrive rebate of $500 through my credit union. Approved. Adjusted monthly and calculator link.

4 Likes

Nice job!

I tried this in NJ, but couldn’t find a dealer who’d go over a 10% discount. Hitting up 15 dealers is a lot of work, but looks like it payed off.

Thanks. Lots of work yes. Some dealers were really quick to say no but there were 3 or 4 that were able to negotiate and get pretty close. I got another dealer to finally agree on a selling price of 21,500 but then the final lease numbers were off and found out the sales manager bumped the price by adding the bullshit “paint protection” add on and wouldn’t budge. Oh and also made an alias for my email and used a google voice number so I wouldn’t get bombarded with calls at work.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Yeah, good counter to paint protection is: “It’s a lease, I’m not going to be in it long enough for this to matter.”

1 Like

Hello can you share your dealers with me. Need to act fast! Thanks so much.

Or “take that bs off or I’m not signing the deal”

1 Like

I prefer this approach.

Can someone send me the dealership information for the sonata sel

I called A LOT of dealers. ended up having to drive almost 2 hours outside L.A. to find this lease. The dealers that were not over priced and were reasonable were hyundai of anaheim, hyundai of glendale, hyundai of valencia, hyundai of temecula. I got this deal in temecula, here was my contact

Jacob Arellano
Internet Salesmanager

hyundai of anaheim also came in second with 220/mo + tax and my contact there was Max.

Also keep in mind not everyone will qualify for the bonusdrive rebate - which is done after signing for the lease and has nothing to do with the dealer
Good Luck!

Both dealerships tried to scam. Temecula added bullshit pain protection/car alarm fees and refused to remove them no matter what.

Anaheim added Thousands of dollars worth of other fees and tried to bait and switch. Just take a look at thier BBB reviews, they are doing this scam on a large scale. Hope op isnt just posting here to generate scam victims for them: https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/anaheim/profile/car-dealers/russell-westbrook-hyundai-1126-172020377/customer-reviews

Its 2019 and I dont undertsand how the Federal Trade Commission lets such open fraud to occur without shutting them down.

Filled out reports with federal + state + attorney general . Hope this helps someone from getting scammed.

That’s just the nature of the beast. You may have to invest some time in the negotiation. Sometimes it’s a back and forth over a few days or even a week or two. At any rate if a dealer is not giving you the selling price your looking for just thank them for their time and move on to another one. Yes some of them will try to play games but you can’t take it personally or this will not be an enjoyable process. It sounds like you may be better off hiring a broker. There are many good ones on this forum. Good luck.

“I did not ask for that to be installed/applied, I would like my vehicle restored to factory specification.”

Stand your ground.

Stand your ground.

They just say no and they will not sell the car. Its how they run their business/scam. It is interesting that its the official dealerships that all seem to be doing this. Not some grey market stuff but the official Hyundai places…

Then moving on and ceasing communication is best in this case. If they want your business they’ll cave.