2019 Hyundai Santa Fe XL - Limited Ultimate - HELPPPP

Hello friends. I’m really trying to get better at this and need some advice. I thought I was being really smooth by trying to hack a Hyundai (bad idea from the start?). With so much press around the Palisade and knowing the Santa Fe XL is off to the graveyard I decided to dig deeper. I am able to get to $5,000 lease cash but the 53% Residual and .00210 MF is quickly killing my confidence. The only hope I have is in the selling price. MSRP is $42,795 and comes with a TON of features. If I could get anyone down to 25% off MSRP I think I could land close to 200 garlic knots a month. Unfortunately, I keep getting dealers around 6-7% off before incentives.

Finally, onto my question… knowing that the Palisade is right around the corner and that I may be the only fool that’s fine driving around a Santa Fe XL… what would be a realistic but stretch goal to hit on MSRP? I don’t know if they all will scatter if I reply with 25%!

25% off will not happen.

10-11% would be a more realistic goal. But that still doesn’t put you anywhere near your target monthly goal.

There are some XL Limited Ultimate around Chicago being advertised for approximately 20% off, but these include $3k retail cash, so roughly 13% off. Might be a stretch going for 25% off…

Are those demos/loaners?

I know that the Limited’s are popular service loaners

OP, you’d be looking at loaners and not new I assume

$200 is an unreasonable expectation, especially with the lease cash available and the MF/residual being what is it.

Most dealers will go 10-11% off MSRP prior to incentives, maybe slightly higher on more loaded models. I’m like you, I’m hoping for a firesale on the leftover XLs when the Palisade comes around, so I can lease another XL, otherwise I’m leaning towards buying mine out. My lease is below.

Probably along with every other incentive like loyalty, military, grad.

Thanks for all the helpful replies! @Tempest505, I was actually talking new and not a loaner/demo. I can see where I may have had unrealistic expectations at 25%. I just thought the reduction would be much better since they are discontinuing the whole XL line to introduce the Palisade. I also thought I have seen 30% off MSRPs in the past on vehicles over a certain price point. Thanks for sharing your great deal @aigochamaloh! I may be hanging with you to see if there’s a fire-sale before planning out my next steps.