2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid Base. As/of 01/08/2020

I ended up walking away from the deal.
I asked them to quote me a 10k/36mo lease at MSRP. When they gave me $155/mo number I trusted them to do me right, but when it got time to sign I checked the numbers saw they inflated the MSRP by $1400 to over $39k, MF to 0.00071. I offered them a chance to fix it but they refused. the sale stopped there and didn’t comb through other BS fees they might have thrown in.

They said 10 other people are in line for the car. They can have it.

2 Likes

Unfortunately this happened at my dealer as well. They had so much interest that they double sold a few cars and ended up almost triple the payment they promised me. Your better for moving on, the GM said there expecting another shipment next month of these cars. Either the incentives extend or these guys get stuck with 10-12 ev’s that won’t move.

1 Like

I have this weird feeling that there’s a bunch of them just sitting in port right now that nobody wanted up until two weeks ago. A dealer claimed 5 more were on the way, which made no sense to me for a 2019.

I wonder if its possible to pre sell them at the current programs, lock in credit apps or whatever.

Every dealer I worked with had two on the lot but then 12-15 on the way. All saying be in by the 25th and I just got a call at 7pm that both of mine are in this morning.

1 Like

Same kind of thing on Long Island so far. “We just sold the 2 we had. There a bunch at the port. We’ll call you when they come in but we have 6 or 7 people with deposits.” Hard to think it can be hacked with a line of people. Could be BS tho.

Majority of people outside of Leasehackr will think they are getting a deal of the century at $230 for a $35k MSRP Limited car with no negotiations that’s to such a huge rebate.
I wonder if this is the highest we’ve seen rebate thrown on a car - as a single rebate.

I’m not sure about that, I remember a certain high end Audi had more, and possibly certain flagship BMWs, but as a % of MSRP its pretty unprecedented here.

Hi,

If you receive another dealer that’s blue @$59 I’d be in for one. Thanks!

I’m done with these things sorry…even if the dealer begged me I wouldn’t work with another Hyundai dealership.

6 Likes

I’m on LI too. See my story above. This was at Atlantic Hyundai.

No worries. Thanks for all your hard work. I tried to get a Limited but they wanted $175 for 36/10k, I said no thanks.

They’re making hand over fist at those prices.

Had the same experience. Atlantic Hyundai is the worst one.

1 Like

That’s not a bad price for the limited, should be close to 5% off plus passing all rebates on to you.

1 Like

Bingo! It’s 50% off msrp in some states. I have seen giveaways before like the 500e a couple years back but that was more of a RV play than rebates.

If that is correct, then those who wait till end of month to ink their deals will be sitting pretty as the dealers will probably knock more % off MSRP. As they say, fortune favors the bold and the patient …

I just got BOLT EV for 40% off MSRP as well … before fed and state incentives…

1 Like

Excellent news. The hacks are going to get sweeter as the clock ticks. Trick or Treat at the local Hyundai dealer this halloween?

2 Likes