2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid Base. As/of 01/08/2020

$13743…I believe everything Hyundai tells me…lol.

2 Likes

Haha and the market will tell you 9k

3 Likes

So I put down a deposit, with first responder and bonus drive, $160 a month for the limited trim. They had a blue one on the lot, and another 2 coming (one blue/ one black). Scheduled delivery date is 10/27. Still undecided on if I put blue or black, currently the black one has my name on it but he said I could change to the blue if no one else claims it. What do you guys think in terms of color? Blue or Black?

1 Like

Look at the recent thread on the topic of a black car (a link to it was posted in here)

1 Like

Ya I saw that thread. The only reason I didn’t pick the blue is because the blue seems to have a slight purpleish tint to it. Personally would prefer a dark gray, of course they don’t offer that color. If I picked the blue, could of had car tonight but then again the car i’ll be getting either blue or black is literally gonna be as fresh as fresh gets coming right off the truck.

If you’re gonna take the blue one you should take it now… I doubt it will still be there when the black one arrives on the 27th.

3 Likes

Anyone had any luck in socal?

I tried Huntington Beach which never got back to me after I asked for the numbers and Russell Westbrook gg which quoted me $2600 down and $259/month including tax for 36/10K and never sent me the numbers :frowning:.

True, I’ll decide within the next day or 2 and let him know. Just glad that I at least could one. In the end, honestly the outside color is just a color in my eyes. I’ll be looking at the inside 99% of the time. This is my first lease and am thrilled to have gotten a 37k car for 160 a month plus gas savings. The ioniq would never be my first pick, would much rather have a few other cars that were in the range of 300 a month, Mazda 3, Jetta etc. At the end of the day tho, I have a pretty small income so 160 a month is perfect for all the features you get.

@ryanw12 did you say you were military or first responder?

I qualified for first responder discount so yes, originally it was 188 a month, first responder added came to 174. Once I get bonus drive 500 dollar rebate, it technically comes down to 160 although they will just give me a 500 dollar check.

Awesome deal I prefer the blue myself.

Ya definitely think it will work out good for me. Considering I am going from a 10mpg van that costs upwards of 120-140 a month in the winter or 80-100 in the summer. I am practically getting this car for free or close to it. I am going to love the instant heater thing in the winter. I only drive 20-25 miles a day max and am going to have a level 2 charger installed so I will have 0 issues with range even if I am blasting heat. Right now it takes a good 6-8 minutes for heat to kick on in the van which is pretty much my whole commute. So I get about 2 minutes of heat each way. I think I saw somewhere that the heat in EVs kick on full force in like 90 seconds. Haven’t really tested it though. Test drive was great, the guy just handed the keys and said take it for a spin. Never been in a test drive where the salesmen didn’t come with nor did he even ask for a license. The whole no sound concept is crazy, so is the instant torque and 0 revving. In the van I thought I was going to kill the engine if I really pushed the pedal. In this, the thing just got up and went. Seemed insane. Only thing that I am having a little trouble adjusting to is the regen braking. Level 3 is crazy in how much slowing down it does. I’ve read online about how it works but didn’t expect it to be that strong even on level 3.

What is level 3?

There are 3, actually 4 levels of regen braking on the ioniq. Level 0 which disables it, Then level 1, level 2 and level 3. As you go up in levels, the regen braking intensity increases and therefore the higher the level, the more power that is going back into the battery.

1 Like

Pretty sure this ev is no exception from the rule…so regen is never truly disabled. It may not come on when you lift you foot off the “gas” but it will come on when you brake and slow the car down…the reason why brakes last 100k miles on evs.

1 Like

True, you are right, better phrase would of been it minimizes the regen strength but ya it is never truly disabled.

Am I crazy for considering this car for a lease? I mean there must be something I’m missing… $45 a month? I Live in CT and there is one of these sitting on the lot in my town I’m going to go check out at my lunch break tomorrow.

Pre-tax Monthly Payment: $42
Monthly Payment with Tax: $45
Drive-Off: $3,338

Basically 0 is coasting. The levels will come in handy driving down the mountain. Last time i been up on one not only I didn’t waste any energy coming down but i added 35 ev miles of range due to regen.
I could not believe my wife Clarity phev doesn’t actually have a true 0 and wastes kinetic energy charging the battery rather than coast when the acceleration is not pressed.

Why are you putting $2000 down when the MF is relatively low?

Put down $2000 because I am getting $2000 in rebates after purchase.