2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid Base. As/of 01/08/2020

Ugh. They owe you that 1 Starbucks grande (hot, not iced of course) at some point over a 3 year period.

Thats not enough $$ to over an iced.

1 Like

Kidding. Lol

as am i :slight_smile:

Apply for that Allstate $500 cash back and we got ourselves a sub $100 winner:)

Stupid phone.

2 Likes

I love the i3, but the Ioniq Limited is also very nice. You’re honestly getting more with that car than you’d get on a base i3 which is pretty much all that’s out there.

The Ioniq is more like a normal car, which a lot of people will appreciate. The i3 is fantastic but it’s really for a niche audience that can appreciate its wonderful quirks.

2 Likes

Makes sense! It’s not a problem with the car.

It’s a problem with me. I admit it.

1 Like

You’re right though, the base Ioniq does suck. The Limited trim is like an entirely different beast.

1 Like

Lester Glenn has either been no nonsense or full of BS for me. No in between. Their sales managers had given me great and transparent quotes in the past.

Regarding the dead batteries, better to have them dead than to be constantly changing

Ideally they would just keep them at or around 50%, but you’re asking a lot from the average sales staff to keep that in mind!

Limited has the heat pump…is this a must have up in the North?

1 Like

Yes! I wasn’t even aware it had that, it makes using heating much more efficient. A heat pump on an EV literally adds 30% more range in cold weather.

1 Like

Keeping a lithium ion battery discharged for a long period can damage it. It’s really supposed to be connected to a charger while it’s sitting on the lot. All of these dealers that barely charge them enough to test drive are slowly ruining the battery.

Not! Keep it full for a long stretch and you will mess it up. See if you can find dealers that know these things.

Interesting. I always assumed that it was like a laptop battery where keeping it charging destroyed the battery over time. You learn something new every day

The answer is really both. It’s bad to fully drain a lithium battery (which isn’t really an issue with most EVs because they usually reserve around 10% of capacity for that reason, you’re never really “fully” draining it). Its It’s also bad to keep the cells charging all the time too, although these chargers cut off once they are fully charged anyway. The ideal situation for managing a lithium battery is to keep it charged around in the 40 to 80 percent window at all times, and once in a while fully discharge it and recharge from empty. But for the average user of an electric car that’s not exactly a feasible situation. Charging it up all the way and not draining it all the way to zero is probably fine for most people. There’s Tesla owners out there who disabled the lock on the last 10% of battery life that are still getting close to 100% range after over 5 years of use.

1 Like

Can i get that i3 deal in VA because no dealers seem close. Ive been quoted two inoniq deals so far and they seem to seem to be matching this deal.

That’s the issue I’m having. I can literally drive the thing for free for 3 years with the fuel savings. I can put off some maintenance items on my truck and have a daily driver with a bumper-to-bumper warranty and virtually zero maintenance requirements. It makes total sense from a financial standpoint. But, I’m a car guy, and after about a month of driving this thing everyday I think I’d want drive it off a cliff.

6 Likes

I should’ve probably clarified that a lot of EV’s (like the i3) have active battery management. They recommend keeping it connected to a charger and the car will do the rest to prolong its lifespan. It’s technically not charging to 100% of the cell’s capacity.

You need one of two things. A state that offers zero sales tax on electric vehicles, or a state that has specific incentives for electric vehicles. I don’t believe Virginia has either.