2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid $120pm & $2,300 DAS

Nope. I got that same message a couple of days before I found the car dead. Thought nothing of it at the time.

I think I’m going down with the ship, you never know when you’ll need an EV, even 27 miles worth. They are talking about oil prices dropping to nothing and thus I’m thinking many oil companies going out of biz.

I don’t know what to tell you here…other that if you think that because you run on ev is the reason the 12v battery gets discharged you are probably wrong. My take…this is a defect that affects a small number of cars since not many talk about it. Something drains the battery.
My wife runs her Clarity phev on ev exclusively and 1.5 years (15k miles) later the 12v battery is still fine. The car will cycle on gas from time to time but not too often.

1 Like

You don’t have to tell me anything, since as of now I haven’t had any issues.

Since I’m for now WFH, I’m going to try to sell my car via Vroom while I still can.
They offered $18,500.
I accepted this morning. Submitted all necessary docs (pics of DL, ODO, Registration)

Received full doc few hours later including my payoff which is $14,8xx.
Signed their paperwork.
Awaiting next steps.

Looks like after all set and done, if this deal goes through I’ll make $1,600 on the car counting BonusDrive check.

4 Likes

Did vroom obtain your payoff on your behalf? Carvana is making me do it.

Somehow they were able to get it without my involvement.
I don’t know, how since based on Vroom thread vs Hyundai, it was always an issue.

It was the same thing in my case. They got the payoff number by calling Hyundai directly.

Fingers crossed. Vroom Help! Carrier missed pickup due to COVID 19

damn. you got lucky. I just went to their site, entered my info, and this is the message posted:

I did my appraisals on 3/18 and I was pondering go/no-go.
It was pre all states shutdown.
But Vroom is in TX looks like and Hyundai in IL. So they are seems to be still processing paperwork.

I sold my Ioniq electric to Carvana a little over a week ago, right before things really got crazy here in NY. Their offer was about 23.3K, which was insane money in my opinion, so I had to take it. Carmax offered 14.5k lol. I knew they’d be lower, but holy crap that’s a monster difference. Payoff was around 16.5k. Assuming I’ll have to pay back the NYS rebate at some point. Even so I figure I netted about 5k, and got the Bonus Drive $$ to boot.
Carvana was great, HMF was tough to deal with at times. 2-3 business days to get different paperwork, and multiple 3-way calls. Overall it worked out though, and I think I got out just in time.

@Bluegoat that’s some monster profit on a little car. Congrats!

Yeah man, totally crazy. I hadn’t even thought of selling it until I saw someone here mention it. Carvana’s number made it a no brained.

Got my bonusdrive check in the mail today, fyi. So about 10 weeks total since applying.

I got an email from Bonus Drive that even though Covid-19 yada-yada, they are still sending out checks, so that’s encouraging.

Feel kinda sad that our little Ioniq club is crumbling.

2 Likes

It’s not crumbling:) it is evolving😀

Now that you Successfully sold it, I’m curious what the process is with giving back the State Rebates. In your case CT, but more importantly @jassiek and NYS how does that work?

I am prepared for this but not sure how that will be executed

No clue. If they ask I’ll give back but I doubt.
I don’t remember any specific restrictions in CT on how long you need go own it.
And for some reason I think I signed a paper effectively assigning my rebate, soft of they re the owners of the rebate. Sounds technically wrong - but for I’m reason I think that was the form in CT