2019 Hyundai EV RV/MV

Hello,

I’m looking to get a lease for the vehicles below…I need RV/MF, 15K miles, 36 months, 92625 is my zip-code. Any other advice to negotiate a great deal is appreciated!

2019 Kona EV - limited
2019 Hyundai Ioniq - limited

PS…I’m willing to look at other EV makes if the deal makes better sense, but same terms as above.

edmunds.com is the best place for this info

Hi Cody, I was looking on there, but could not find it.

Normally you can ask and the mods will get you the specific info. Leasehackr page won’t have the info you are looking for

Thank you…I will check it out again.

1 Like

Below are the links. You can ask there.

Thank you Jon!

The zip codes are not the same… does that change the cost much? The internet manager at the dealership came back with a crazy residual.

Shellie, yes zipcode matters and so does month you are leasing in. Go post ur question in each of those threads, tell them the model you want, your zipcode and lease term e.g. 36mos/10k and they will giveyou the RV/MF, which changes by the term and mileage.

1 Like

They’re EVs, so don’t be surprised by very low residuals.

Thanks CaptQ! I was hoping to get a new car this weekend…guess I will be waiting a little longer.

Since you’re in Cali, here’s a link you might be interested in.

1 Like

Thanks for your posts…very helpful!!! If get into a lease, it will be my first one. Your information on best time to buy is accurate. Buying a new 2019 at the end of the year and 36 month lease would add an extra year of depreciation.

The Best Time of Year to Lease a Car

That article is complete BS and does not factor in that rebates could be higher, selling prices lower, MF lower, or even residual higher. Completely ignore it. Most 2019s are leasing much better than comparable 2020s right now

1 Like

I looked at the rebates and incentives I can obtain…and yes there are many factors. I think that article makes sense for my situation. The RV is a lot lower right now for my liking. Are you on the west coast?

What are you concerned about regarding the RV? What are they? What do you think they should be? You’re looking at EVs. The residuals are always very very low on EVs.

I was looking at the only 2019 Ioniq I could find…so the dealer has no movement on the MSRP. the RV 39 and last month they were a little higher.

RV on Hyundai EVs is always low. It might change from month to month a bit, but it certainly isn’t going to be like the residual on a Tacoma.

I am in NJ. You’re wasting your time on Ioniq and Kona EV. They aren’t going to lease well right now. The only way you will get a good deal on Ioniq is if the dealers get a massive shipment

1 Like