2019 Honda CRV LX

**MSRP: $25,395
**Selling Price: $**22,414.00
**Monthly Payment: $299
**Cash Due at Signing: $ 1,839 (dealer/tag/title, 1st month payment)

Months: 36 months
Annual Mileage: 10,000/yr
MF: .00149
Residual: 59%

Region: Florida
Leasehackr Score: 6.9 years

I really wanted the EX but this deal seems to good to give up.

Do you have below Tier 1 credit? The base money factor on LX should be .00023, I think. Also, how did you get 10k per year? I have never heard of Honda Financial approving a 10k per mile lease. Have you already signed?

I have Tier 1 Credit. The 10k per year i negotiated with the finance manager and I haven’t signed yet.

The deal from @mani_is_kool here literally $1000 better than what you got. He is also in FL
FL JUNE'19 - Honda Deals Civic $196+tax, Accord $254+ tax, CRV $288+tax and Pilot $410+tax ONLY 1st DAS

3 Likes

Okay - double check the numbers on the contract. I’m pretty sure that a Honda Financial contract would not allow 10k per year because I’ve asked and read about it multiple times, as being 12k minimum. (EDIT: Perhaps this is regional? Never had a Honda dealer allow 12k miles after asking, and Edmunds forums consistently say no 10k per year) Also, the money factor is either marked up or you might have it wrong. .00023 should be a nationwide number for CR-V LX. For reference, I leased a FWD CR-V LX this month, like the one in your post, for $245+tax. First payment and tags due at signing.

I just spoke to him, I think I may be going with his offer better after speaking to him

1 Like

I just got off the phone with him 15 mins ago :slightly_smiling_face:

They must do 10k here in S Florida cause I had several ask me if I had to do 12k and wanted to give me prices with 10k.

pizza8822

For reference, I leased a FWD CR-V LX this month, like the one in your post, for $245+tax. First payment and tags due at signing

And this was in Florida?

@kamasori It was in Kansas City. Although, I think Honda numbers are national typically. As in, MSRP, money factor and residual should be the same for 36/12, and my deal was all dealer discount with no dealer cash to my knowledge.

Those some ugly lease numbers! Stay away.

That’s pretty big money for a base model CR-V. I understand things change but I put 1000 out of pocket and rolled a bunch of negative equity over on a 2015 LX AWD several years ago and ended up at 279 a month for 36/15. Knowing the things I know now from the forum there’s many other cars I’d choose all things being equal. Under warranty for a short term lease I’d much rather have a mid trim Equinox or Terrain with some more creature comforts. And if I was hell bent on “Japanese Reliability” (even though I’m giving the car back in 2 to 3 years) I’d probably cross shop the RAV 4 and see how those programs look. If you are a BJs member maybe even take a look at the Escape and see how you can do with the X Plan pricing and additional incentives? Now if I was gonna keep it out of warranty, or hope to have equity for a trade 3 years or so down the line, I’d probably think differently.

Hey @Nomad4g63,

I just wrote a new Honda lease on a CR-V (although it was EX-L AWD) and the details are here:
https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/signed-2019-honda-cr-v-ex-l-awd-in-seattle/143575/5

Since I just moved from FL, I also have experience writing two prior Honda leases there on 2014 CR-V (LX) and 2016 CR-V (SE). I can tell you they are getting you pretty badly on that Dealer Doc Fee of $995!

I leased both my CR-Vs in FL from dealers around Fort Lauderdale. The first one was a Title Reg only DAS (~$200ish) and the monthly was $250 after tax. The second was a DAS of title reg and first month (~$500) and monthly of $270 after tax.

Maybe the discounted sell price is okay, as it’s hard to get much off Honda’s for leases. But double check your Money Factor using Edmunds and, if you must go with Brickell Honda, fight those dealer fees!

Bottom line, this deal is not very good. Hondas are hard to get a good LH score, mine have all been between 7 and 8 and that’s about it. Good luck!

A couple other thoughts - I agree that it should be 36/12. I have never been given any chance for 36/10 from Honda in S. Florida.

This doesn’t look so hot to me. I’ve been shopping 19 CRV LX as our 16 CRV LX is due back soon. Without digging into it I have dealer offering me 279 month, 1st month, bank fee dealer etc…everything is around 2800 out of pocket. No deal.

16 CRV was about 999 down, 1st month DAS, dealer/doc fees (don’t recall exact off hand). 158 a month + tax. Felt like a Free Honda for 3 years. Residual crazy high. Car not worth wholesale within $2500 of very high residual. Great deal. Honda wised up. In 2016 a CRV was easily $125-150 a month less than I could find a Toyota RAV4 and similar sticker prices. I can’t do over 300 month w tax for a CRV.

The 2016 CRV deal you got was incredible. Now looking at the 2019 crv LX at over $325+ a month when factoring in all payments is disgusting. How many dealers are you shopping?
I’m baffled by these Honda leases and the absolutely crazy numbers they are getting.
Even though I have a great lease I feel like I should shop around for numbers just to see if I can play the game and have fun trying to get something like a basic CRV for $200 a month!

The residual on the LX looks to be 58% right now, which strikes me as low given the supposed resale values of Hondas. I’m wondering if Honda is being risk averse setting them so low, especially with all the engine problems they’ve been dealing with on this generation.

If this helps anyone else on the forum, just closed on a 2019 EXL

2200 total cash at signing, everything else rolled in at $320 a month for 12k miles a year, and 36 month lease.

I had a 2007 Subaru I traded in with 130k miles for $1200. So likely they got something from that, but the car needed to go or have some $$$TLC put into the engine. So just to be clear we are coming out of pocket 1000, but the actual lease value is 2200 out of pocket at closing.

This was my first ever new car, so I think I did pretty good, but always room for improvement. Most importantly the car was just within my budget, but wish I could have had a payment below 300. I negotiated a fair amount, and when the initial payments were coming in at 370 I made the salesman start looking at used CRV’s that we could purchase. We were already pre-approved fro a purchase of up to 32k so maybe that was leverage to come down? First quote was 2k down and all else rolled in at 370 for 10k miles, then i said it was too high the salesman suggested putting down 500 more. We were there for like 2-hour total.

Anyone have any ideas for is this was an ok lease…for a honda…that is.

@nycityboy can you post a photo of your lease sheet? Need to take a look at the specifics in order to tell you if your lease was ok or not.