2019 Honda accord EX lease

Is this a good lease offer?
zip 75093

No it’s not, first off tell them you are not paying for tint/door guard junk

I just leased a Honda Accord EX with $1400 cash at closing and $299 a month including tax in southern CA 92660.

Geeez that’s a fortune for an EX!!

And $794 for window tints.

Walk away from that “deal”

Looks horrible. The Accord doesn’t sell well as much as it used to because of its “unique” design perhaps.

You need to be $0 DAS, $260 per month for it to be considered decent deal.

WALK AWAY!

That’s a heavy lease payment as well for an EX at $337

That’s easily accord 1.5 ex-L lease payments and even accord sport 2.0!

That can easily be had at the price range.

What will be a decent Accord Ex lease offer? I saw a lot of people who posted offers that they got or signed for less then $300. but I can’t see me getting near this monthly payment.

How many dealers have you attempted to get quotes from?

I got quotes ftom 6 dealerships.

What mf are they charging? What is the base mf?

Money Factor .00103

Double that number, then report back

Is that what Edmunds said or the dealer said?

Got it from Edmunds

So what’s the dealer charging?

same money factor

Have to reach out to a lot more than just 6. I went into 3 different states when I searched out my lease.

Don’t worry about the tint. I was at a Autonation dealer and they were trying to charge $150 for wheel locks. When I showed them I could buy them for $30, they quickly wiped the price away.

I never made a deal with Autonation. They are too corporate, publicly traded, and have more middle management than a bloated tech company.

Focus on your cap cost. You’ll notice that number is missing here. That’s the secret key to every transaction.

Figure out what cap cost you are comfortable with after doing the research and when you hit the phones, that’s the only thing you should discuss. Don’t get worked up about dealer fees and 1,000 dollar tint jobs.

Just get your cap cost and move on. (And MF too :slight_smile:).

Leave MF till end since you can show them forums where people are reporting the National or your market number.

Personally, I’ll admit, my MF is slightly marked up, but the cap cost was lower than my target so it was a wash for me.

Also, use a google voice number and a fake email account. All these dealers use sophisticated CRM programs and will use information against you in the future.

Also, this will allow you to circle back with dealers you’ve spoken to.

Had a ballsy guy tell me a couple weeks ago “Oh we quoted you $400 three years ago.” Had to remind him I didn’t need a crm to remember that at the time it was a Hybrid Avalon vs gas Camry I was looking for this time around.

Thank you.
I thought that the vehicle selling price is the cap cost in the offer the I posted, according to Edmunds and Truecar I got a price below the market average.